Username Password: Remember me

Fuel consumption
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fuel consumption

Fuel consumption 11 years, 11 months ago #13364

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
I will be running in a three hour endurance race and trying to confirm the fuel burn per hour, anyone have an idea what that amount may be, trying to determine if we can do the race in one stop.

Re: Fuel consumption 11 years, 11 months ago #13375

Hey Tom, I seem to be pretty close calculating 6 mpg. Where is your enduro?

Good luck!
Norman #99

Re: Fuel consumption 11 years, 10 months ago #13383

One stop is no problem at all for a 3 hour enduro. We burn about 8gal/hour, and routinely make a 3 hour enduro adding just 5 gallons during our one pit stop. The only exception is Road America, where the really long straights moves that up to about 9 gallons per hour. An early tank car could still make it with 10 gallons in at the stop. Just make sure you really top off the car to start.

One caveat - make sure you've dialed in your AFM to an AFR around 13:1. A 944 will run pretty well at 12:1, or even 11.5:1 (slightly down on power), but burn a lot more gas.

Practice your pit stops. We won one enduro by 2 seconds after 3 hours, by virtue of having a pit stop 1 minute quicker (the Miata had to take on 12 gallons to make the distance, as it starts with a dinky 12.5g tank).
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Fuel consumption 11 years, 10 months ago #13384

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks for the information. The car has a late fuel tank so it should easily handle one stop and a 5 gallon fill. The race will be at Buttonwillow. If this event goes well thinking of preparing for the 25 at Thunderhill. If that comes to pass will need to find 4 other drivers.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds