Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

NACA duct revisit
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: NACA duct revisit

NACA duct revisit 11 years, 10 months ago #13427

Hi, have been searching/reading up on race car builds for a bit, and have a question. After rereading the rules, was wondering if there is a definitive answer for this (NACA duct, [16.1.1 No air dams, wings or spoilers are allowed other than stock components.] ). Or, as a possible consideration in changing the rules?

I have a couple of 924 Turbos, and have two spare turbo hoods with the NACA duct. This duct is used only for the cooling of the exhaust manifold/turbo area of the engine. Obviously, sitting at a stoplight, these are worthless. However, on the road, and especially at a race track, I would think they would benefit the 2.5L exhaust manifold. I'm currently gathering parts for my '88 924S Spec build (we have a winter house in Prescott, AZ) and the turbo hood is a drop-in replacement. Here's a pic of my '81 turbo:

thanks, Dave

Re: NACA duct revisit 11 years, 10 months ago #13433

• seafeye
  • Senior Racer
Actually i was kinda thinking if would be good if we could use the NACA ducts for the rear quarter windows. Cheap and could almost be considered a safety item with the additional cooling of the cabin. Certainly wouldn't be a performance mod.

BarretsSpec91121322799243.jpg
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by seafeye.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds