Username Password: Remember me

944 Spec in Pacific NW
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 944 Spec in Pacific NW

944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13434

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the forum and looking to get into road racing.

I'm really interested in the 944 spec series as a way to get started but I live in Washington state where there is no NASA. I was wondering if there's just not enough interest up here for NASA to have a presence and if a 944 spec car would be competitive in any other series here.

Thanks!

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13438

Well there's Norcal depending exactly where you are.

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13439

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
944Racer72 wrote:
Well there's Norcal depending exactly where you are.

I'm near Seattle so Northern California is a ways down. Not impossible but was wondering if there are any other options nearby.

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13440

The 944 group up there decided to run under 944 Cup rules a few years ago. This year, they split off into their own independent rules under the "Pro44" banner. These rules remain more liberal and expensive than 944 Spec rules. Part of the issue is the lack of NASA events up there, I believe. NorCal is a great group, with some great tracks, and would be worth the trip!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13441

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Contact Greg Fordahl, in the Seattle area. He has a shop and started a 944 group there. Their rules are slightly different but they are a great group of guys and run with SCCA, generally. I can get you contact information if you can not find him and his shop. He is a suspension engineer, professionally, and knows how to set up a 944. Ask me how I know!

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13444

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
Sterling Doc wrote:
The 944 group up there decided to run under 944 Cup rules a few years ago. This year, they split off into their own independent rules under the "Pro44" banner. These rules remain more liberal and expensive than 944 Spec rules. Part of the issue is the lack of NASA events up there, I believe. NorCal is a great group, with some great tracks, and would be worth the trip!

I see, thanks for the info. I'll look up the Pro44 group and see what they have going. I'm interested in the NASA style 944 spec class because my understanding is it's pretty affordable and focused on the driver vs. upgrading the car. This is very appealing as a novice. I'm also looking to move back to California (originally from there) at some point so would be interested to start with a 944 spec car that I can race here and then join the NASA without having to modify the car.

Thanks!

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds