944 Spec in Pacific NW
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 944 Spec in Pacific NW

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13445

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
Big Dog wrote:
Contact Greg Fordahl, in the Seattle area. He has a shop and started a 944 group there. Their rules are slightly different but they are a great group of guys and run with SCCA, generally. I can get you contact information if you can not find him and his shop. He is a suspension engineer, professionally, and knows how to set up a 944. Ask me how I know!

Big Dog

Thanks for the tip. I'll look up Greg and see what I can learn.

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13449

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I races with Greg and his bunch with my spec car. They were using Hoisers while I was on Toyo's so they were quicker in corners and, since I was only racing that one weekend, I did not buy tires. My car set up was BAD. Greg did not come up and say that but when I went to him about it, he agreed to haul my car to his shop, work on it and get it to me by that Wednesday so I could drive down to Thunderhill for a race the following weekend. His charges were very reasonable and the car was completely different from then on. I went from a mid pack guy to competing in the front group of cars.

You can build your car to Spec-944 rules, use their tires and do just fine. Greg is the guy to assist you with advice on what you can do and still keep your car spec legal. He is a great driver, as well, and will help you get faster.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13454

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
Thanks Big Dog, that's exactly what I was hoping would be the possible. As a beginner I'm not expecting to be up front or anything just want to get out there and learn.

I am looking to move back to California but will be here for at least another year so that's why I'm interested in a Spec-944 car to bring to NASA later on without having to modify. From what I've read so far I'll probably be looking to buy a spec car rather than build myself.

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by afonseca.

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13455

You could also find a shop or storage facility for the car in CA and compete here without the long tow every time.

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13457

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
I just got in touch with Greg from the Pro44 group out here. It was a bit hard to find so thanks everyone for the tips. Looks like I'll be able to run a Spec 944 car out here without modifying it until I make the move back to California. That's the best scenario for me since I'd like to participate in events at the nearby tracks while I'm here.

Thanks!

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: 944 Spec in Pacific NW 11 years, 10 months ago #13459

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Great news. Have fun.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds