Username Password: Remember me

Value of having a spare 944
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Value of having a spare 944

Value of having a spare 944 11 years, 10 months ago #13436

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
So I have the opportunity to purchase an 83 in my local area. It was being fixed up by an older gentleman that passed away so now the relatives are trying to sell it off along with the rest of the estate. It looks to be mostly complete.

I got a chance to see it in person and it looks as though the motor was at least freshened and replaced, suspension work was done as well as other brakes/drive train work. It comes with what I'm guessing is the motor the came in the car as it looks like its been sitting a while.

The car is currently not running as the intake is off the motor, but it does appear that all the parts are there to restore it to running condition. The interior isn't anything to brag about but is mostly intact and in about as good of shape for a 30 year old car.

What would the value to me be if I were to get the car for $1500?

Would it be a good resale if I fixed it?

Should I look at the potential of turning it Spec on the cheap to add a car to the Texas region?

Other thoughts?
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Value of having a spare 944 11 years, 10 months ago #13442

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Spare/parts cars are worth having. A spare tub can be needed sometimes if the tub gets bent but most all of the other parts are good.

$1,500 seems like a lot of money for a car that is in pieces, however. There are not many buyers for such a car so the price should be much lower, IMO.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds