Username Password: Remember me

Ground Control Coilover Question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ground Control Coilover Question

Ground Control Coilover Question 11 years, 9 months ago #13558

• 1M Fan
  • Junior Racer
I'm wondering if these are legal in 944 Spec class if a standard valve strut is used.

www.ground-control-store.com/products/de...on.php/II=672/CA=219

Re: Ground Control Coilover Question 11 years, 9 months ago #13560

Welcome! Are you in he process of building a Spec car? If so, let us know where you are located, so we can help along in the process.

Unfortunately, the assembly you mention has several differences from stock, and is not sold as an OEM equivalent part, and is therefore not legal. The description touts stronger construction, and reduced droop, both of with make it fall outside of the rules as currently written.

We have not seen strut housing failures, so I would save you money and just get the coilover kit, and and Koni inserts offered by Paragon, and others.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Ground Control Coilover Question 11 years, 9 months ago #13562

• 1M Fan
  • Junior Racer
Thanks for the information. I thought they may not be legal, but wanted to ask. I'm in Memphis, TN and new to the 944 Spec series. I recently purchased a car and I'm in the process of getting it ready. I hope to get my competition license next year. I plan to use the 944 for DE events until I get my license.

Re: Ground Control Coilover Question 11 years, 9 months ago #13563

Awesome!

The Mid-South, and SE regions are growing like crazy!

-Eric
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Ground Control Coilover Question 11 years, 9 months ago #13565

• Steve_M
  • Drivers Ed
Sterling Doc wrote:
Awesome!

The Mid-South, and SE regions are growing like crazy!

-Eric

As of yesterday, the Mid South has 7 cars in progress. We should have several of those racing next year, and the rest by the following year.

Pretty exciting!

Re: Ground Control Coilover Question 11 years, 9 months ago #13588

Sterling Doc wrote:
Unfortunately, the assembly you mention has several differences from stock, and is not sold as an OEM equivalent part, and is therefore not legal. The description touts stronger construction, and reduced droop, both of with make it fall outside of the rules as currently written.

We have not seen strut housing failures, so I would save you money and just get the coilover kit, and and Koni inserts offered by Paragon, and others.

Also rules allow strut/inserts to be only the listed part numbers. These are not those part numbers. Eric did provide further justification on they might beconsidered a "performance enhancement" over what is allowed in the rules.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds