Username Password: Remember me

Brake Pads
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Brake Pads

Brake Pads 11 years, 8 months ago #13781

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
OK we are doing the 'OIL' talk so lets do the brake pad one too.

So what are you guys running? Are you finding bias issues needing correction with pads?

I have always run Pagid pads as long as I can remember but they dont make 944 N/A pads that I can tell. So what it the word?
Old Racer!

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 8 months ago #13782

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
EBC yellow front. 1 EBC yellow and 1 blue in the rear

I have a little over 1 season on them racing and 8-10 HPDE days before I had to change the blue in the rear. The yellows are still going strong even in the front. We'll see how they hold up @ Road America in a few weeks.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 11 years, 8 months ago by RacerX.

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 8 months ago #13783

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
One rear blew out before the other? Or is there a balance issue you are being tricky with

Have you tried anything else?

RacerX wrote:
EBC yellow front. 1 EBC yellow and 1 blue in the rear

I have a little over 1 season on them racing and 8-10 HPDE days before I had to change the blue in the rear. The yellows are still going strong even in the front. We'll see how they hold up @ Road America in a few weeks.
Old Racer!

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 8 months ago #13784

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
No blow out, wore out. The blue wears faster than the yellow and has less bite. With all yellows in the rear, they lock up very easily. So I installed one blue pad and one yellow in each rear caliper to help with front to rear ballance. I can still lock up the rear but it's much harder to do.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 8 months ago #13785

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
OK interesting. So to take advantage of that you must have an LSD installed.

I can honestly say that out side of circle track I have never heard of left to right pad changes in compound!

RacerX wrote:
No blow out, wore out. The blue wears faster than the yellow and has less bite. With all yellows in the rear, they lock up very easily. So I installed one blue pad and one yellow in each rear caliper to help with front to rear ballance. I can still lock up the rear but it's much harder to do.
Old Racer!

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 8 months ago #13787

Joe, I think you mis-understood Ken. he doesn't have blues on side of the car, and yellows on the other. He has a blue pad on one side of the rotor, and a yellow on the other. Still a novel approach.

I do find that I need to address bias with different pads front to rear. I had significant rear lock up issues running Hawk Blues all around. Many guys in our region use Hawk Blue front, and HP+ in the rear. I now use DTC-60 pads in the front, and Blues in the rear - a similar bias F/R but more bite all around - less pedal pressure.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds