Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Brake Pads
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Brake Pads

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 8 months ago #13817

My understanding is the the 944S was the first to come with the proportioning valve. 944S parts, except where specifically designated in the rules, are not Spec legal. Make sure what you bolt on came from an '83-88' 8V 944!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 7 months ago #14005

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Anyone given more thought on changing brake pads now that we are going to a higher grip level tire? We should be able to increase our threshold braking capability significantly if these tires really are 2 sec faster. Ive finally wore out the pads that have come on my car, which I think are the Blue/HP+ combo. I'm thinking that the 70/60 combo might suit the traction level more after we do the swap.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 7 months ago #14011

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
I'm running the DTC70/60 combo right now and despite the fact that I do get some lockup when my inexperience and brake application come into play, they feel great and add confidence in the predictability of the car. I don't plan on changing mine for the new tire, so hopefully they merge well with the new compound.

Ryan
Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers.

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 7 months ago #14015

I've run about every tire that comes in a 225/50/15, and haven't found enough difference to necessitate a pad change. This last season, I've moved to a DTC-60 front, and Blue rear. It requires significantly less pedal pressure than my old Blue front/HP+ rear, though both worked well. I've used the DTC70/60 combo, and that works well when hot, but it's more pad than we need for our lightweight cars, and can be a bit slow to warm up, especially when it's cool. The RA-1 has pretty good braking grip, and is not that much different from the RR in that regard. The big difference is in turn in, and cornering grip.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 7 months ago #14017

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
This is pretty much what I wanted to hear. I felt like I could use a bit more pad then the Blue/HP+ setup but the 70/60 may be a bit aggressive. The deciding factor is the braking grip of the RR so I think Ill be trying out the 60/Blue combo.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Brake Pads 11 years, 7 months ago #14018

The DTC 60 fronts may only be available though andrew-racing.com/. Jay Andrew convinced Hawk to make a run of them for us.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years, 7 months ago by Sterling Doc.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds