Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cage builders/welders-Arizona
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cage builders/welders-Arizona

Cage builders/welders-Arizona 11 years, 6 months ago #14586

Looking for someone to weld in either a custom or Hanksville kit into my 924. Anyone in Phoenix up to Flagstaff you can recommend? thanks, dave.

Re: Cage builders/welders-Arizona 11 years, 6 months ago #14632

There are two excellent shops that can do this for you in Phoenix. Both of them are owned by racers and both have experience with 944's.

Kent Porter owns Precision Chassis Works in Gilbert. His web site is at www.precisionchassisworks.com

LeRoy Moore owns Flatout Motorworx in Tempe and his web site is www.602flatout.com

You won't go wrong with either one of these shops.

Where are you located and what are you planning to do with your car? We would love to see a new 944/924 racer in AZ.
Steve Marlow
944 Spec #47x
NASA Certified Instructor
NASA AZ Licensing Director
2012 AZ Region 944 Spec Champion

Re: Cage builders/welders-Arizona 11 years, 6 months ago #14635

Thanks for the info. I have two cars, once of which is a DE car only. It's a 1980 924 Turbo, with an original 924 Carrera GT top-mounted intercooler. So, the hood scoop actually serves a useful purpose! I'm just finishing installing, and TWEAKING, Megasquirt II, along with a new 12-ciruit Painless Wiring harness, and for ignition, Ford EDIS. Has been fun, painful, frustrating, and and and, hmmm, oh yeah, rewarding~! The car has an AIR GT Carrera body kit on it, for 23mm offset cookie cutters. A Carrera GT clone, so to speak.

The other car which will need a cage as well, is sitting and waiting for it's turn. I have a '88 924S with a low mileage motor. The body is a bit dented, not sure why, but that's the 944Spec build I'll do next summer. We're in Prescott from Oct to April, then back to Wisconsin to actually work! We own this: www.nelsonstonebarn.com. Dave
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds