Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Toyo RR Consumer Advisory - please read!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Toyo RR Consumer Advisory - please read!

Re: Toyo RR Consumer Advisory - please read! 11 years, 3 months ago #15140

Edit:

I saw the pics by email now. It appears the were mounted backward, and is a minor split. Should be OK when flipped.

On our cars the date codes go to the left on BOTH front tires, and to the right on BOTH rear tires. This means that on each axle, one date code will be on the inside, and one on the outside.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Toyo RR Consumer Advisory - please read! 11 years, 3 months ago #15141

I can't get the picture to down load, was on the phone with Charlie and he tried and couldn't get it to work either. I click on "add file" and then go to the picture now on my computer and click on it and nothing happens???

Oh well, imagine a small groove going across two tires and you have it, what worries me is this is from a 30 minutes race which may only be 20 minutes of pushing hard.

I might try one more weekend on them to see if it gets worse.

Thanks for the advise Eric, it's not that bad for now.
Norman #99

Re: Toyo RR Consumer Advisory - please read! 11 years, 3 months ago #15142

Problem solv ed

All four tires were mounted with the date code facing out. After this one time out on them, the two that are not on the car correctly, namely the front right and rear left have the split.

Wow, no room for error on this one!
Norman #99

Re: Toyo RR Consumer Advisory - please read! 11 years, 3 months ago #15143

The good news is, if you remount them, the splits will often meld together, so long as chunks aren't missing. You should be OK.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years, 3 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Toyo RR Consumer Advisory - please read! 11 years, 3 months ago #15144

Thanks Eric, no missing Chunks

Here is Toyo's mounting and rotating directions for dummies, I am sure most of you have seen it, but I am a bit behind the ball on this one obviously!

xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/2590227/1663435572...20Recommendation.pdf
Norman #99

Re: Toyo RR Consumer Advisory - please read! 11 years, 3 months ago #15145

Hey Buddy , Get that exhaust fixed and you will remember all the posts you read at 6am in the morning.
TYLER PALMER 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNER UP 2011 NATIONAL 944 SPEC CHAMPION 2011 SO CAL REGIONAL CHAMPION 2012 NATIONAL 944 SPEC CHAMPION 2012 SO CAL REGIONAL CHAMPION 2013 NATIONAL 944 SPEC CHAMPION
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds