Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Anyone know where I can find this part?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone know where I can find this part?

Anyone know where I can find this part? 11 years, 1 month ago #15581

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
I had the collar top nut back out from my strut. I've got a set of Mookeeh plates and cant find any retailer to just pick up another nut. Fortunately I still have the bottom collar but I need a top and preferably an extra.

If anyone has spares they're willing to sell, or knows where I can find replacements, please let me know. I'd rather get a nut than a whole new set of camber plates I don't really want.

Pictures below.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers.

Re: Anyone know where I can find this part? 11 years, 1 month ago #15585

A machine shop might be able to make one up. Make sure the top bearing is still turning freely before you put too much effort in.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Anyone know where I can find this part? 11 years, 1 month ago #15587

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
Alternatively you could buy a bearing reducer and just use a metric lock nut with it. The bearing reducer will fit the ID of the bearing and then have a shelf. I never like those turned down nuts for that very reason you have now. Try Pegasus or Ground Control. Just give them the ID of the bearing, the OD of the damper shaft and you are good to go.
Old Racer!

Re: Anyone know where I can find this part? 11 years ago #15625

• B1BFlyer
  • Senior Racer
Thanks guys, I'm just going to buy a new set of ground control plates as the bottom side of the offending plate was looking pretty rough and the Mookeeh's are known for being crap.

Cheers,
Ryan
Ryan Peterson
Abilene, TX
924s, #21

Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds