Username Password: Remember me

Thanks!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thanks!

Thanks! 11 years ago #15679

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I just wanted to publicly thank the Nor cal 944 spec guys for all the help they gave me this weekend with my car. Since revamping my car in the offseason I thought I was race ready. A quick trip around the block though showed I had no brakes. I ended up taking a week off work to try and straighten them out all to no avail. I was going to back out of the weekend race but the guys all said they would fix my car at the track so I came anyway. True to their words, everybody pitched in and we swapped almost every part in the system at least once, but some multiple times trying to figure out what was going on. Late into the night friday and early saturday morning they helped out. Saturday afternoon and evening we worked, as well as sunday all to no avail but it wasn't for lack of effort. I would like to thank Jerry Whitteridge, Aubie Schmidt, Ken Meyers of IO Port racing, and of course Lil' Kat! Also John from Evil Genius for guidance. Special thanks have to go to Jim Foxx, who gave me every spare part from his trailer he had willingly, and who wouldn't let me pack up and go home. He got his hands dirty working on my car more than his own!

Steve Lewis also deserves my profound thanks. This offseason he did a ton of work on my car, taking time away from his family to help me make my car a front runner. His wife Ruth and kids Molly and Nate welcomed us into their home while we worked on the car. Steve had big problems with his car but still made time to run into town to get a bench bleeding kit, and donated several cans of brake fluid that I could dump onto the ground. He was unable to race his car but still hung out to see if we could get mine working.

We never did get my car working good but not from lack of effort. I believe I either have a bad booster, or the hard lines are clogged, or maybe both. Everything else was changed repeatedly.

Every time I race I remember why 944spec is so great. The car is good but the people are what makes coming to the track worthwhile. I enjoy my friendships with these people more than the racing

Re: Thanks! 11 years ago #15681

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Great story and an awesome effort by the Nor Cal crew.

Be sure to let us know what fixes it.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Thanks! 11 years ago #15682

I've got to keep you going - it is no fun without people to pass

Kind words appreciated!

Re: Thanks! 11 years ago #15683

Great stuff, and the way it should be! Thanks for posting!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Thanks! 11 years ago #15685

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I also forgot to thank my wife who always encourages me, and quietly went and picked up the parts and tools I threw across the paddock! She's a saint!

Re: Thanks! 11 years ago #15686

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Ron, Lil'Kat and I are sorry that everyone's efforts could not get your brakes sorted. However, my friend, you are the reason everyone tried so hard. You are a great person and a pleasure to send time with on our race weekends. Both Kat and I so look forward to seeing you and sharing the time with.

As always, Steve carried the largest load even with his oil line issues and the rest of us just assisted. The entire 944 Nor Cal group are a terrific group to get to play with and we both look forward to those weekends.

And, yes, your wife is a SAINT!!!!!

Big Dog, Lil'Kat, the Piper and the Mothership
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds