Brakes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Brakes

Brakes 11 years ago #15739

• Big Dog
  • Banned
All,

I put a set of the Hawk 60's on the front of my car at the last event with a new set of Hawk 10"s on the rear, at Jay Andrews suggestion.

I found that I was getting some rear lockup with that combination. Jay is suggesting that Blues "might" be better. My concern is if they are too low of a friction versus the 60's on the front.

Does anyone have any intel to share about that combination? I am concerned that the fronts might then lock up too much before the rears lock up and I would like for them to be close with a front bias, of course. Going too far to front bias would not be what I want so I am looking for feedback from those that have tried them. If someone has tried both combinations, that would be even better.

Thanks.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Brakes 11 years ago #15740

I've run the DTC 60 front, and Blue rear combination for all of last season. It works great, with a nice balance for our cars. Jay had recommended the DTC60/HT10 combo, but I was worried about rear lockup and went with the DTC60/Blue combo, and have been very happy with it.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Brakes 11 years ago #15741

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
I'm also now running the 60/Blue combo as recommended by Eric but have only run it for one race now. That was also the race that I switched over to RRs so my baseline comparison isn't really accurate. I can say that it seemed like a stable combo, with good modulation characteristics. I cant say that I experience any rear lockup specifically. What lockup I did experience mostly seemed to be on an underloaded wheel. I think the other guy I was racing was using the same combo, and had no complaints. I would recommend it.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Brakes 11 years ago #15742

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I take it that you have not experienced any front bias from that combination, Eric. If so, that may be where I need to go to. I am going to try to "borrow" a set of rear pads and try them, but only to and from church with grandma Lil'Kat driving.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Brakes 11 years ago #15743

I would say it's pretty balanced, with a slight front bias - this makes it stable. Good pad life, as well. I had rear lock up issues with my all Blue setup previously, which could be scary. Blue front, HP+ rear split friction works as well, but requires more pedal pressure.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 11 years ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Brakes 11 years ago #15751

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Thanks.
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds