Username Password: Remember me

944 Spec @ COTA
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 944 Spec @ COTA

944 Spec @ COTA 10 years, 11 months ago #15838

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Just got done with the PCA event at COTA. We had 6 SP1 cars present. I got plenty of video/data/pictures to share and will do a full week end wrap up for everyones enjoyment as time allows.

Im about to be moving across the country so it may take a month or so. I wanted to post this up in the General section because this racetrack is legitely everything youve heard about. I hope everyone gets the opportunity to drive it in the future.

cota.jpg

Good news story from the week end about the new tire, I reached 20 heat cycles on my first set of RRs without any sign of splitting, pitting, chuncking, cording, etc. I didnt even rotate until about 17 heat cycles. They began to noticably fall off at around the 18/19/20 heat cylce point.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 10 years, 11 months ago by AgRacer.

Re: 944 Spec @ COTA 10 years, 11 months ago #15840

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Great to hear about COTA AND the tires.

Do you happen to know what week your tires were manufactured?
Jim Foxx

Re: 944 Spec @ COTA 10 years, 11 months ago #15858

Rumor has it that COTA will not allow car clubs to use their facilities in the near future, so go while you can! Phoenix International (PIR) did the same.

I just had my 27th heat cycle out of week 31 2012 RR's, then they one of them corded. Lots of the heat cycles were short races and a couple in the rain. Only showed cracking in the first heat cycle when I had them mounted incorrectly then the cracks went away. Not sure how many heat cycles they are good for if pushed hard on every lap. I am hearing 10 to 15:(
Norman #99

Re: 944 Spec @ COTA 10 years, 11 months ago #15859

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Week 32 tires. Don't really know what the alignment is as I haven't messed with that part of the car since I bought it a year ago.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: 944 Spec @ COTA 10 years, 2 months ago #17323

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Finally got around to making a video from this event. This is the first part of the Enduro up to the mandatory pit stop. Enjoy.

youtu.be/5-7N7v3SyWE
J. Stanley
Yellow #60

Re: 944 Spec @ COTA 10 years, 2 months ago #17344

Thanks for sharing, looks like a great track!
Norman #99
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds