• Page:

TOPIC: Limited slip diff

Limited slip diff 10 years, 9 months ago #16270

Anyone have any experience with wavetrac LSD's or which brand is used the most

Phil
Phil
944 spec

Re: Limited slip diff 10 years, 9 months ago #16281

Never seen a Wavetrac diff used, only OEM, and Gaurd.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Limited slip diff 10 years, 9 months ago #16282

Hadn't heard of it but looks kind of interesting. It is a torque biasing diff (not suited to a race car, no braking stability, no LSD if lifting a wheel) BUT they use clutches between the halves which lock up on braking and when lifting a wheel. For the price it might be worth a shot. That is about 1/2 of what a Guard costs.

All that said, Guard is an AWESOME company with great products and is probably still the best available.

Re: Limited slip diff 10 years, 9 months ago #16289

Thanks for the input guard seems to be the way to go
Phil
944 spec

Re: Limited slip diff 10 years, 9 months ago #16290

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
I was also looking around and the SpecZ guys have been using this as the Spec diff and from reading the forums they keep breaking. Really sad as it was an option i was also considering as a future upgrade to my open diff.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Limited slip diff 10 years, 9 months ago #16292

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
SpecZ also has about double the HP we do and on a bigger tire so all things considered, I think the LSD in their car will, on the whole, experience a lot more wear and tear. Anytime you go faster, its going to be harder on parts. Think our stock gearboxs would hold up with 300 HP being pushed through them on a regular basis?

Fresh stock LSD in mine, btw. Whole gearbox was rebuilt by Moorespeed in Austin, TX.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds