Limited slip diff
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Limited slip diff

Re: Limited slip diff 10 years, 9 months ago #16294

• joeblow
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Old Racer
With cooling our boxes can take over 400 HP for long periods. I had one last three full seasons and when pulled apart only needed the LSD clutches worked on, the rest was fine. That being said it was NOT just a turbo gear driven cooler, it was a tilton pump with a spray bar at the R&P mesh and there were two filters inline as well. By the way that car had lots of aero work and 335 slicks on it!

I have had 1000 HP go through a 951S box on the dyno and then 800 HP on the track but that box was never intended to go more than a few weekends before freshening. Never broke that one either, but did change bearings often as well as fluid every weekend.

I think our boxes are well made minus the cooling issues and lack of directed oil lubrication/cooling where it is needed.

That all being said a driver can break a box or keep a box alive just the same. I have raced a lot of 901 gearbox cars too and NEVER broke one of those which is saying something. On the other hand I broke Getrag gearboxes in my BMW race car left and right and those are supposed to be tough, go figure!
Old Racer!
Last Edit: 10 years, 9 months ago by joeblow.

Re: Limited slip diff 10 years, 8 months ago #16455

• Timwold
  • Senior Racer
The guys at clownshoe put one in my car near the end of last year and I really like it. I had a nine meister (re branded guards unit) in my car before which needed to be rebuilt. for the price of the re build I out a new wavetrac in. It does help under braking and with a wheel off a curb. I don't notice a difference between the guards and the wavetrac and I don't have to worry about keep it maintained.

Just my 2 cents.
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds