(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rain tires rules

Rain tires rules 10 years, 7 months ago #16510

• jh36
  • Comp School
Just doing some bedtime reading. Question :
15.10 Tires
Toyo Proxes RR, 225/50/15 must be used in dry conditions. When a wet race is declared by the Series Director, the Toyo Proxes RA-1, 225/50/15 may be used. For the first two races in each region’s schedule for the 2013 season, an allowance will be made to use the Toyo Proxes RA-1 in dry conditions. No other tire brand or sizes are allowed. Tires may be shaved

Is tire choice at discretion or dictated by Series Director?
Thanks! Looking forward to our first offici spec944 race in October. Steve Lewis, if you see this, I have finally made the leap!!
Jack
Jack Higginbotham

Re: Rain tires rules 10 years, 7 months ago #16513

It allows you to use the RA-1. You may still run the RR.

*However* you may not custom groove your RR's to use as a rain tire! This is outside the bounds of what is defined by "shaving" We had a creative soul at Nationals attempt to stretch things in that direction
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Rain tires rules 10 years, 7 months ago #16514

Glad to see you out there Jack!

Re: Rain tires rules 10 years, 7 months ago #16515

• jh36
  • Comp School
Thank you Eric. Reading the rules, it sounded like the director would dictate which type would be used, dependent upon conditions. That would take out the fun "last minute tire choice" game that my kids love so much!
Thanks Steve. Long time coming! I will send in a race report after the October VIR event. My son Edward has his comp so he will be joining me. Fun times!
Jack Higginbotham
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds