Username Password: Remember me

SCCA?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SCCA?

SCCA? 10 years, 7 months ago #16540

• Gino230
  • Comp School
I have 2 tracks that are less than 50 miles drive for me, but one of them mostly does SCCA, and NASA only comes to the other 2 times a season.

Anybody here race their Spec 944 in SCCA and if so what class?

Re: SCCA? 10 years, 7 months ago #16542

• Big Dog
  • Banned
944-Spec was first created in So. Cal. and Arizona. SCCA in Arizona was the big group for many years and still has a good number of cars. in SCCA it is a regional class meaning that it is for regional racing only and not a National class that can race at their Runoffs.

From what I understand, any region can have a 944 class but there may not be any other cars in your region of SCCA. In any event, SCCA will find a place for your car to race in regional events. The car is not able to race in a National class as they require fuel cells for all National classes, I believe.

Have fun wherever you race. Seat time is the most important element.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: SCCA? 10 years, 7 months ago #16543

• Gino230
  • Comp School
Thanks BIg Dog, I looked at the SCCA rulebook, at first glance it appears the car would be legal for ITS, I would have to put a dash back in or some semblance of a stock dash to pass tech.

I'm not concerned with the how competitive the car will be at this stage, I just want to be able to have the most options for attending race weekends at the tracks that are close by. As you suggested, seat time is my primary goal for the next season or two.

Re: SCCA? 10 years, 7 months ago #16545

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I believe that the guys up in Washington State used to run ITS. I was not aware that the dash was an issue but you might talk with the SCCA tech people about it. Since you are not concerned with running for points, they may let that slide. It is worth a shot. On the other hand, you could ask the region to accept the Spec 944 regional class for you. I can put you in touch with the Arizona SCCA guys that race in the regional class there. I see no reason that your region would not welcome you to be the first car in the class in their region. A car is a car, especially these days.

When NASA is at the track close to you, go out and race with them for sure, though. That is where you will be able to find more cars, going forward, to race with.

Have fun and get faster. Let me know if you want to contact the Arizona guys.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds