Username Password: Remember me

First 944spec event at VIR
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: First 944spec event at VIR

First 944spec event at VIR 10 years, 6 months ago #16588

• jh36
  • Comp School
Here we go! My son Edward and I are running our first 944spec race this weekend at VIR with nasa midatlantic. Been a long time coming! Our online registration shows up classed as gts1 but will be changed. There are three other spec944 drivers registered so field should be five. Weather looks good so let the fun begin!!
Jack Higginbotham

Re: First 944spec event at VIR 10 years, 6 months ago #16591

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Congrats on getting started with the fun.

Big Dog and Lil'Kat
Jim Foxx

Re: First 944spec event at VIR 10 years, 6 months ago #16592

jh36 wrote:
Here we go! My son Edward and I are running our first 944spec race this weekend at VIR with nasa midatlantic. Been a long time coming! Our online registration shows up classed as gts1 but will be changed. There are three other spec944 drivers registered so field should be five. Weather looks good so let the fun begin!!

Mike, Duff and I are the other 3, can't wait-

With 5 944-Spec cars there we qualify for the "Beast of the East" race Sunday!
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: First 944spec event at VIR 10 years, 6 months ago #16660

• jh36
  • Comp School
A great, albeit damp, time was had by all at VIR. Good to meet some southeast guys! Edward was reclassed into gts-1 as they needed another driver for season championship mins to be met. Plus, I forgot to remount his tires on spec legal wheels. My car was intermittent all weekend. Finally figured out it is an afm problem. Unfortunately had a big off in the rain (didn't have any rain tires) ending the weekend....new radiator and some front suspension repair damage...along with a shattered hatch and bruised tailbone.
Brian and Mike were great and always willing to help. Looking forward to building a car for sale this winter and helping grow spec in the mid Atlantic!
Jack Higginbotham

Re: First 944spec event at VIR 10 years, 6 months ago #16661

• jh36
  • Comp School
Oh, I suppose there is a new track record. VIR. 2.25.448. Jack Higginbotham. That one shouldn't stand very long!
Jack Higginbotham

Re: First 944spec event at VIR 10 years, 6 months ago #16668

jh36 wrote:
Oh, I suppose there is a new track record. VIR. 2.25.448. Jack Higginbotham. That one shouldn't stand very long!

As I remember you set two track records last weekend- fastest lap AND longest jump.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds