Floor Jack
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Floor Jack

Floor Jack 10 years, 6 months ago #16715

• Gino230
  • Comp School
Hey guys,

Need to invest in a floor jack. I'm not a professional, but I'll probably use it 4-5 weekends a year. Will any old auto parts store one do? Or are all those cheap made-in-china ones junk?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Floor Jack 10 years, 6 months ago #16716

Unless you are willing to spend $600+ they are all made in China now. I think the Harbor Freight aluminum 3 ton is the best price/quality combo:

www.harborfreight.com/aluminum-racing-fl...mp-3-tons-68052.html

The 1.5 ton jacks Harbor Freight jacks are flimsy and small. I would highly recommend NOT getting those. The 2 ton is OK but only marginally cheaper than the heavier duty 3 ton so I'd go with that one.

You can find the 3 ton occasionally on sale for $129 and they always have 20% off coupons in every car magazine.

If you don't mind hauling around a 150LB steel jack, their low profile steel jacks are cheaper. Costco sells a big steel jack that gets good reviews as well.

Re: Floor Jack 10 years, 6 months ago #16718

• Gino230
  • Comp School
Thanks! The 3 ton is exactly like the one I borrowed at the track...worked nicely.

Re: Floor Jack 10 years, 6 months ago #16724

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I saw the guys at Raptor Motorsports using the Harbor Freight 1.5T jack in their shop and commented about it. Their reply was that it was small with a shorter handle and worked fine in the tighter confines of the shop environment. I borrowed it to do some set up work and found that it did work well in the shop area.

I bought one just for the shop and use it often there instead of the larger version that I take to the track.

Just food for thought.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds