Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 7 months ago #18274

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Any one received any more details about this? I am trying to figure out when I need to head to the track, i.e. wednesday or thursday. The is mention of testing on thursday, but no details have been released and with me being there in 2 weeks anyway I may not skip testing.

Does anyone else know there plans yet?
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 7 months ago #18275

I think Thurs testing is the Sonoma track sponsored testing which is very pricey. It will likely be racing for us on Fri/Sat/Sun

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 7 months ago #18277

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
Attached is the testing schedule for November 6th.

Please share with anyone interested, and have them pre-register by emailing This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

For those who haven’t tested at Sonoma Raceway before; we will need their billing address, phone number, emergency contact name/phone, car make/model/#. Everyone will need to bring their NASA license and credit card for payment when they sign-in on the 6th.

Thanks,

Rebecca
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 6 months ago #18409

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi,

The Western States Championships is less than a week away and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some of the new names on the list.

Good News!
NorCal sponsors will be covering cash and prizes for 944-Spec racers from 6th place to last place.

See you guys and gals soon!
--Ken
The following user(s) said Thank You: afonseca

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 6 months ago #18410

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
It will be great to see you again Ken!

As always you make racing in Norcal a worth while venture.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 6 months ago #18415

• tcomeau
Hey, gents.
I'm excited to simply be a part of our class's West Coast National Event! Racing with all you guys would be better, but hey, I'll take it. I'm looking forward to seeing some of you guys I haven't seen in years, as well as, meeting some of our newer drivers. Welcome to the 944 Spec show!
Most of you know that I was the SoCal 944 Spec Series Dierctor for 8 years and that I own a shop in San Diego that specializes in street and racing 944's. I'd like to bring that experience to this event to help ensure everybody has the best time possible.
Remember when the drivers of our class helped Jim Richmond swap his engine out overnight at Miller Motorsports Park( 2009?)? We all wanted him to participate with us and have his fair shot at winning.....and he did. That's the kind of friendly, helpful, respectful attitude our class has always been known for both on the track and in the paddock and I'm proud to be a part of it. Let's use this upcoming weekend to perpetuate that part of our culture.
To the greatest extent possible, while keeping consistent with my duties to NASA, I'll try to help all participants keep their cars running well and being a part of this event. I'm also here to help all participants conform to the rules of our class.
Everybody dreams of winning a National Title. My dreams for this event are to:
- see smiles on all faces; reflecting the great memories just built.
- have zero contact reports. (remember to turn your video cameras on!)
- have zero protest forms.
So, give it your best shot with a fast, clean driving performance and a well-prepared, class-legal car.

.....at your service,
Tim Comeau
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds