Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 5 months ago #18475

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
I am really glad to hear that Javier is also doing good. It was a huge relief to see Steve after the race when he walked over to the paddock.

I would also like to say a huge thank you to everyone for their support and help throughout the weekend. It was truly amazing to witness and be a part of a fantastic great group of racers.

Throughout the weekend I struggled with engine issues and even though I was not in with a chance of the championship numerous people offered not only advice on what the issue could be but also provided parts and even the option of changing the head without any hesitation.

This is a fantastic group of people and the reason I started racing after being invited by Steve to a race weekend 2 years ago.

Thank you Steve for bringing me into this incredible sport, class and group of people.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 5 months ago #18482

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
The Weekend was full of Pasion for Racing, Heartbreak, upsets, and cheers.
Everyone helping me get my car off flatbed and fixed from Balljoint sheering at 80, with 1 hr before race to fix. Everyone would reach in to their spares to pull part for each other and throw some wrenchs.
Steve was especially helpful to me and Richmond. Many thanks Steve. You are do some energy back your way.
Fun getting to know Dan.
Charlie and Fox were in a league all their own with awesome driving. Steve and Dan were only a second off that. The rest of us were with 2-4 seconds/lap

That's racen till next year at Laguna Seca!
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 5 months ago #18483

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
I saw Javier at impound after my PTE race. He was walking and talking but sore.

All the racers at impound were only concerned with our two brothers whose fate we did not know.

The camaraderie of the 944 paddock was in full swing last weekend. I was racing two classes so did not have much time help my fellow racers but I came with lots of parts and tools and those were free for the asking.

Jason it was great to see you again and to get to know you better. Soon I will be able to understand what you are saying

Your parents were great fun and I was sorry I did not get to say good bye to them. Please do that for me.

Jim sorry to hear about your trans linkage failure on the first lap. You have put in a lot of track time to get to where you are. Keep at it.

Thanks to all for a memorable weekend of racing and friends.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion
The following user(s) said Thank You: BritRacer

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 5 months ago #18485

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Charlie,

It was great to see you too and I really do appreciate all the help with the car and time you spent looking over my lap videos helping me realize where I was losing time. Hopefully, I once I have the car fixed I am sure I will be able to put you teachings to use and start to bring my times down and keep up with the field.

Charlie, I will definitely pass the message onto my parents. I know they enjoyed the weekend and the time they spent talking with you and Lori (sorry if i spelt that wrong). They were amazed by the welcoming and camaraderie of the group.

I got to know a lot of people much better this past weekend and truly hope to race more with you all in the years ahead.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 5 months ago #18494

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
I enjoyed attending our first championship event and meeting everyone. The group was very friendly and welcoming and I enjoyed the close competitive racing. Javier and Steve gave us all a good scare but I'm glad they are both okay and were able to walk away from the crash.

Overall it was an eventful weekend as discussed already in the thread and I was just glad to be a part of it. I'm definitely looking forward to Laguna Seca next year so I'll see you all at the track then!

Miye took some pictures of our group throughout the weekend and we've posted them on our Facebook page, linked below:
https://www.facebook.com/afonseca.racing

Alberto

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: 2014 West Coast Championships @ Sonoma Nov 7-9 9 years, 5 months ago #18497

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
It was great to meet you and Javier. You guys are always welcome in California.

My daughter recently moved to Portland so now I have a good reason to come up north and try some racing with you guys.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion