I second the no fender rubbing.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 10 years ago by AgRacer.

Re: Spec944 Year Choice? 10 years ago #17645

tcomeau wrote:
Excellent.
No fending rubbing at all though, please.
Also, our class is called 944 Spec.
Spec 944 is the SCCA version of the class.

Rubbing is "never" intentional...

944 Spec got it / SCCA Spec 944. Does this mean that when I enter that class I have to drive the car "backwards" with one of the Clubs.. PCA = SP1 yes? What is SP2?
84 911 Carrera Track Car
PCA, SCCA, NASA, ComSport

Re: Spec944 Year Choice? 10 years ago #17646

AgRacer wrote:
And don't forget that PCA calls us SP1.

I second the no fender rubbing.

Y'all do realize the "rubbing" comment is a joke right?
84 911 Carrera Track Car

Re: Spec944 Year Choice? 9 years, 11 months ago #17688

Tom,
We spoke on the phone (Maine)... Still looking for your list! Thanks for all the feedback
Rich W
84 911 Carrera Track Car

Re: Spec944 Year Choice? 9 years, 11 months ago #17693

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Where are you located SemperFi? I will likely be switching to the Mid-A region next season as I am overall much closer to their tracks (VIR, Summit) being in middle NC. There is one car in that region that regularly races and from what Ive heard, two others that dont really ever come out. If I do move to that region, I may try to become the regional director and build a class there depending on how much longer I want to stick with this car.

SP2, btw, basically allows coil overs and a chipped DME from what I understand. A very well driven SP1 car can be faster than a moderately driven SP2 car.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Spec944 Year Choice? 9 years, 11 months ago #17694

Hi AgRacer
I am with NASA NE Region.. and based in Maine. I know the NASA NE Director well, and he indicated he would like to see/get more 944Spec cars for the Region.. Right now, both 944Spec and GTS1 have only a handful of cars. I think this is because no one has taken the ball and got things coordinated.

With some guidance from experienced groups, this is something I could drive at NASA NE. Yet, I too may end up in NASA SE by year's end..that TBD. Summit is the closest too me, but all are a ways living up in the corner!!

Currently the NASA NE tracks are NJMP, Pocono, WGI, Limerock, and now the newly opened Thompson in CT.
84 911 Carrera Track Car
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds