Username Password: Remember me

Torque Tube Bearings
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Torque Tube Bearings

Torque Tube Bearings 9 years, 11 months ago #17757

• holcopa
  • Drivers Ed
Guy's, I'm new and in the process of doing a clutch on a 87 924s and thought I should rebuild the TT at the same time. Have any of you used Super Bearings from Black Sea and what are your thoughts versus original? Are they legal for Spec944?

Thanks.
Phil Holcomb

Re: Torque Tube Bearings 9 years, 11 months ago #17758

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
I actually just spoke with the gentleman that runs Black Sea R&D about 3 weeks ago on this very topic. I spoke to him about rebuilding our torque tubes as well as his experiences/recommendations. He does a good job of explaining why his bearing was developed inside the link below:

www.blackseard.com/site/index.php?option...emid=8&showall=1

Basically, his bearings aren't legal as they aren't direct replacement parts. The bearings that are available and are legal, are less than desirable due to all the reasons listed above. I also want to rebuild my torque tube when I have it out next time and would like to make sure its done right. He has also sourced new propeller shafts to replace old worn out ones that aren't suitable for rebuilding.

I had recommended to Black Sea R&D that he reach out to our Series Director about why his bearing should be legalized as it provides no performance advantage, but could be used as a suitable replacement part. I had strongly suggested that he also propose to sponsor the class and offer his bearings at a discounted rate in order to make it more palatable to the masses on another rule change.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 9 years, 11 months ago by AgRacer.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds