Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

944spec pedal extensions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 944spec pedal extensions

944spec pedal extensions 9 years, 7 months ago #18157

Hi,

I own a 944spec race car for a few weeks now and plan to race next year.

I have been going to the track with the car and I do not fell very confortable in it.

The seating position makes me feel cramped inside the car with the roll bar and all.

I am looking for a different seating position.
The more I back the seat, the more confortable I feel.

I am thinking to extend the pedals and probably the steering wheel.

Any clues on where I can find race car pedal extenders for the 944?

Thanks for your help!

Re: 944spec pedal extensions 9 years, 6 months ago #18160

• jivenjim
  • Senior Racer
I bought some of those ricer metal petals that clip on. $20 and Auto stores. Drilled thru instead and you can stacked a bunch of those or on aluminum block or wood. Momo or such extention quick release hub and you are good. Added about an inch to pedals and 4 inches to wheel location.
Jim Hicks
Texas Transplant
The following user(s) said Thank You: spanish fly

Re: 944spec pedal extensions 9 years, 6 months ago #18163

You can find an extended hub version of the steering wheel; very rare though. Or, I just recently welded a quick-release hub onto my 924S spec build, and the wheel is not interfering with my knees any longer! A permanent fix however.

Re: 944spec pedal extensions 9 years, 6 months ago #18164

jivenjim wrote:
I bought some of those ricer metal petals that clip on. $20 and Auto stores. Drilled thru instead and you can stacked a bunch of those or on aluminum block or wood. Momo or such extention quick release hub and you are good. Added about an inch to pedals and 4 inches to wheel location.

Ditto. I'm now waaay back and low in the car. The view out is like an F1 car but you get used to it. The limitation becomes your height and reach of the shifter. I'm 6'1" with a long torso so I needed the helmet room and clearance to the roll cage in front.

Re: 944spec pedal extensions 9 years, 6 months ago #18262

Thanks everyone for your tips! I will work on this and keep you posted when it's done
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds