Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

MS/SE/GL/MW NASA Region Crossover Series
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: MS/SE/GL/MW NASA Region Crossover Series

Re: MS/SE/GL/MW NASA Region Crossover Series 9 years, 5 months ago #18763

• Timwold
  • Senior Racer
re there any other dates for NASA or PCA there?

The October PCA race at Hallett is by far one of my favorite events each year and usually has 9 to 10 SP1 (944 Spec cars) already and it will grow next year with several new Texas based racers. The May COTA PCA race is a father tow but the track is pretty cool. The February NOLA PCA race could be a good option as well. The March PCA TWS will be a good one as it will be one of the last races at TWS and is usually a 3 day event.

In my opinion PCA races are worth the tow more than NASA. In general, you get more laps per event and some are 3 day events versus 2 day.
Todd Imwold
1983 Spec Car #143

Re: MS/SE/GL/MW NASA Region Crossover Series 9 years, 5 months ago #18770

I love this idea. Mid-O is a great track, and reasonably centrally located. It's already a MW/GL crossover, as well.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: MS/SE/GL/MW NASA Region Crossover Series 9 years, 5 months ago #18771

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
While Hallett and COTA are amazing tracks, COTA being a bucket list track even, I don't think many GL/MW guys would travel that far unless it were truly something bigger (like Nationals at VIR). Plus, I don't know how many racers maintain dual membership in both PCA and NASA. I'm also planning on trying to leverage some of the already setup contingency and points systems that NASA has setup, something akin to what they are doing for the Small Bore Shootout. Ive already explored the idea of a 944 Cup series invite to run with us NASA racers the last part of this year after their season was over, but the 944 Cup series director told me to pound sand.

If it makes it more likely I will get participation from the MW/GL group if Mid-Ohio was included, Ill look into dates for that. It just seemed like NCM was a good fit since it was already a cross over event between two of the regions. The West Coast Nationals are also a good pick to include in this for numerous reasons, but that event is being ran by Mid-A this year which has only 1 consistent car.

From Nashville, my original baseline:
Hallett is 651 miles
COTA is 871 miles
Mid-O is 463 miles (into normal MW/GL territory)
VIR is 499 miles
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: MS/SE/GL/MW NASA Region Crossover Series 9 years, 5 months ago #18773

AgRacer wrote:

If it makes it more likely I will get participation from the MW/GL group if Mid-Ohio was included, Ill look into dates for that. It just seemed like NCM was a good fit since it was already a cross over event between two of the regions. The West Coast Nationals are also a good pick to include in this for numerous reasons, but that event is being ran by Mid-A this year which has only 1 consistent car.

Actually, I was thinking of Mid-O being in addition to what you suggested, then each region has an in-region event, we have a "neutral track" in NCM and then the National race at VIR, 5 total.

Of course, don't know if this is feasable or not schedule-wise...
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: MS/SE/GL/MW NASA Region Crossover Series 9 years, 5 months ago #18774

I think we are going to get the MW/GL guys for NCM as they are the "host" region for the event, but if you have not driven Mid Ohio, it is a great track. Mid Ohio is probably not in the cards for me in 2015 (unless I could work it in as a arrie and drive work trip).

Would also love to race COTA and would be interested in doing something there in 2016 (PCA?) if NASA does not. I will get with Will F to see if there is anything working with the track.
Shawn Taylor
Regional Director
NASA Mid South

Re: MS/SE/GL/MW NASA Region Crossover Series 9 years, 5 months ago #18777

First of all Happy Thanksgiving to everybody from coast to coast! I am thankful for our class not only for the racing, but for all of the great friends that I have made as a result.

COTA is on my bucket list and as I age I want to work on the list asap. I can't find where PCA is racing there, can you forward the link? Is NASA's TX region planning a race there?

Thanks and have a great day!
Norman #99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds