Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Nationals Sonoma Wreck
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Nationals Sonoma Wreck

Nationals Sonoma Wreck 9 years, 5 months ago #18520

I'm editing this post in the hopes of making this thread constructive. My competitor, Javier, did contact me today and we discussed the incident. From my point of view, I was cleanly alongside and he came over and forced us off track.

I won't speak for Javier's position on what/why it happened.

If this had happened somewhere else, we might have had words but it probably wouldn't have been a big deal. Due to the location, both cars are destroyed and we're lucky we essentially walked away.

Here's the video from my car:

Full speed
Slo mo
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by 944Racer72.

Re: Nationals Sonoma Wreck 9 years, 5 months ago #18521

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Appreciate the post. I will hold judgement till here from Javier and his side of the story. I agree reaching out to talk with you is the gentlemanly thing to do. Hat's off to the Miata driver for pulling over to assist, do we know who it is?

Re: Nationals Sonoma Wreck 9 years, 5 months ago #18522

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
An added comment, great to see you get out of car and goes to Javier's assistance.

Re: Nationals Sonoma Wreck 9 years, 5 months ago #18523

I was told he is the NASA doctor - a neurosurgeon I think I heard. The emergency response team was excellent in my opinion. Very quick and professional in all respects.

Once I came to my senses and realized I wasn't injured, my next concern was Javier's safety as it would be for any other person.

Re: Nationals Sonoma Wreck 9 years, 5 months ago #18524

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Though I dont see the tell tale smoke from tire to tire contact I have had a similar accident where tires were side by side and the reaction from my car was a sharp turn into the other car. I had no control once the action started. Luckily mine was in a place where it only resulted in a spin for both cars.

This is solely my opinion and only that.

Kudos to you for going to his aid.

I was told the Miata driver is a doctor. It would be nice to thank him if we can get his name.

Hang in there Steve, my guess is that Javier has alot on his plate physically and mentally.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Nationals Sonoma Wreck 9 years, 5 months ago #18525

Absolutely brutal crash. I'm glad you paid attention to the safety aspects of your build, and came out physically OK, but I can imagine you are pretty sore. The track in that area really launched you guys.

I hope you and Javier can talk this out soon.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds