Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Hi, I'm a young punk kid
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi, I'm a young punk kid

Hi, I'm a young punk kid 9 years, 5 months ago #18600

Hi, my name is Jeremy! I'm from Washington State and have met some of you already from Sonoma. I work alongside Dos Toros Racing, as well as slowly build my own cars.

I come from little money, which initially had me discouraged from ever being able to race. I used to be pretty heavy into street racing twisty back roads past midnight (stupid I know). Thanks to Greg, Matt and Dave at Fordahl Motorsports - they let me trade slave labor for learning the ins and outs of grassroots racing. After six years of sweeping floors, stripping deadening out, fixing (and learning from) my mistakes, all I realize is how massive the big picture of racing really is.

Everybody I have encountered so far in NASA Pro44 and 944-spec have been nothing but encouraging of my path in front of me with building my own car. Listening to the other drivers' opinions and experience over a few beers are always some of my fondest memories to date. When our race director, Tim helped us tear put weight the night before the big race I was so blown away!

Greg has given me an early model 944 that was meant for scrap, I pulled the motor, swapped in suspension, am about to make an oil pan baffle and rebuild the motor under the watchful eye of the grandmaster himself.

If you told me six years ago I was doing all of that I would have laughed at called you crazy. My story truly is a matter of "if I can do it, why not you?"

Either way before I ramble too much, wanted to say hi! Can't wait to contribute and learn from everybody here.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by reallyslow944.

Re: Hi, I'm a young punk kid 9 years, 5 months ago #18604

Awesome, welcome aboard! You have found the right class. We share this addiction, and know it's hard sometimes, so we help each other out a lot, from the top to the bottom - as you've seen.

Post up the build as it comes along, and feel free to ask for help.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Hi, I'm a young punk kid 9 years, 5 months ago #18664

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Welcome young one!

Be sure to ask for help when you need it.

Most are willing to offer what ever they have.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Hi, I'm a young punk kid 9 years, 5 months ago #18669

• tcomeau
Jeremy,
I couldn't believe your car came across the scales at 2711 lbs on Friday? Javier had some quick lap times in spite of this. I came into the weekend telling myself I probably shouldn't work on anyone's car in order to prove I was non-biased, especially to my shop sponsored car of Jim Hicks. But so many people clearly needed help that it became more important to ensure that people got to the grid than it appear I was a neutral party. I'm proud to say that I feel I helped most guys there at least a little. We spent hours on your car, huh? It was fun and thanks for the beer. The best thing you can do is to perpetuate the governing attitude of this class up there in the North West. Helpful, friendly and above all else- LOYAL TO THE CLASS AND WHAT IT STANDS FOR. Every action I've taken since 2003, including this post, has had the best interests of the class in mind. Clearly, there are some participants who don't appreciate our class. They need to leave our class and move on to a more open, tinkering class where they can satisfy their egos by trying to outsmart the rules - instead of bringing an equal car to the grid and trying to cleanly out drive their brothers. People like that will be kicked out of the AZ 944 Spec Group, the SoCal 944 Spec group, the Porsche Owners Club and maybe some others until they realize that THEY ARE THE PROBLEM. Their attitude brings grief where ever they race. They should go away.....
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!
Last Edit: 9 years, 5 months ago by tcomeau.

Re: Hi, I'm a young punk kid 9 years, 5 months ago #18680

Jeremy, your story sounds so much like mine, but your wording is so much better, so if you don't mind I will use your story and put my name at the end:)

Although we have our issues, the number of cars that are not in compliance I believe are the smallest in number of any class out there. So like Tim says, you picked the right class. I can say first hand that the regional directors are committed to keeping the class as it was originally intended, equal and inexpensive as possible.

Hope to meet you at a track someday soon!

Welcome,

Norman Hamden
AZ 944spec director
Norman #99

Re: Hi, I'm a young punk kid 9 years, 4 months ago #18905

Welcome Jeremy, I too am a noob to the world of 944 racing. It sounds like you have been surrounded by good people already. I'm glad to hear that there is another racer in the Northwest, I'm sure we will meet!

Cheers
1973 Porsche 914 2.0
1984 Porsche Carrera 3.2
1989 Porsche 944-spec racecar
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds