944-spec MidAtlantic
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: 944-spec MidAtlantic

944-spec MidAtlantic 7 years, 10 months ago #20818

• JHinMD
  • Drivers Ed
Hello all,
After a couple of years, I am back in the race car. The docs and I have come to an "understanding" and we ran our first event at VIR at Hyperfest.
Needless to say, it was great and the entire family enjoyed being back running 36 again. My only issue was a faulty alternator which was remedied quickly. Due to no other Spec cars, I registered as gts1......and then no gts1 cars showed up! Regardless, a good time.
We plan to be at Summit Point in two weeks. Anybody up for a road trip?

Jack
Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by JHinMD.

Re: 944-spec MidAtlantic 7 years, 10 months ago #20821

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
All of the 944Spec racers up in your area run with PCA in SP1 and 944Cup. I have done a couple events at VIR with Mid-A now over the past 2 years and only saw one other spec car, who is now in an SE30 since there was no other spec cars running with NASA. We have a good crowd in the Southeast and Mid-South regions but that's a bit far for you.

GTS also went through some turmoil this past off season with multiple rule changes which alienated many of the regulars mostly in GTS2-3 sending them to run in ST.

If you ever want to come join us in the Southeast at Road Atlanta, Carolina Motorsports Park, or Roebling Road we would love to have you!
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: 944-spec MidAtlantic 7 years, 10 months ago #20824

• JHinMD
  • Drivers Ed
Thank you Jason! I started out with the 944 cup guys way, way back. Glad to hear things are going strong for them still! For the moment, I will probably stick around NASA-MA with Mr. Cobetto. I love the tracks down your way, but the schedule has the final rule.
I did indeed notice the changes in GTS, and I'm hoping that I can figure out a way to play in my neighborhood. If not, there may be a spec944 for sale in the future.
I used to get down to CMP a few times a year...and my son now lives near Daytona and races in the Florida NASA region, so maybe a family reunion/race weekend is a great idea!
Keep up the good work with Southeast region...you've breathed a lot of life into the program! NICE WORK!

Re: 944-spec MidAtlantic 7 years, 10 months ago #20844

• jh36
  • Comp School
Well, I had to flip a coin on registering as a GTS1 or Spec-944....I'm going SPEC. Some old 944 racing friends may show up at my paddock for BBQ....I will be working them to re-join the fold!
Jack Higginbotham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sterling Doc
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds