Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

YEH! I can read and post from Dubai!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: YEH! I can read and post from Dubai!!!

YEH! I can read and post from Dubai!!! 16 years, 1 month ago #232

Hi everybody,

The NASA forum is unobtainable from outside of the US to keep down on spam, I tried for awhile begging a pleading with the IT department to fix it to no avail. I just happened to run across this and I am so excited to be in touch again!!! How is the June Miller race coming along? When I left a little over a month ago it was up to about 40 cars.

I won't bore you with my life in Dubai, but the parts I think you will like or are car related I will post if that's OK, if it's boring let me know.

I am instructing FOR MONEY at the Dubai Autodrome, an FIA built facility, when the track is used in the Grand Prix (GP) configuration, it is 3.3 miles long, it can be divided up into 6 different tracks of which all are fun, lots of elevation changes, good tight turns and fast sweepers, kinda like Miller except with elevation changes. I will give the link to check it all out. Students or customers first of all are from all over the world, they can choose from a 200hp Audi TT, 420hp Audi SR4, 310hp Subaru, 160hp GTS - 1 seater F1 open wheel type of car, very close to F1 minus 900hp or so, but they do 0-60 in 4 seconds and handle well, the students first experience in these is on the oval circuit which is really not an oval and has a good bit of elevation change, we the instructors lead them in the TT's and keep them behind us. The GTS is faster than the TT's, so sometimes the 20 minute session with a good driver in the GTS will have me driving the TT to mine and it's peak level. There are some really good drivers that I work with, two guys my age, one from England and the other is Scottish, one drove Professionally in the 1980's with Martinelli Racing (935 Porsche) and the guy from England just drove a 24 hour race in a BMW here at the Autodrome and his team came in 3rd over all, the younger guys are from every country imaginable and are good drivers too, I am the only American! There is also a go cart track (the Kart Drome)they rent as well as host big races were racers bring there own carts, yesterday was an international race, I think there was about 50 or so countries represented, they hired about 20 models from all over the world, OH MY GOD!!!! NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I SEEN MORE BEAUTIFUL WOMAN UP CLOSE If you have seen the movie Taxi with Queen Latifa, the 4 models in the movie that are bank robbers one of them is the gorgeous Victoria Secret model (Gisele)... anyway, imagine twenty girls that all look like that from Europe the Middle East, Asia, Egypt, Russia... It was painful, kinda like fasting for a week then going to your very favorite restaurant to watch people eat your very favorite dish!!!!

My flight is coming back May 31 and at that time I will decide to stay in the states or come back here. I will be at Miller, it would be cool if I could bring the girls, but if the license plate here with the #1 sold for 52.2 million dirhams ($14,200,000)I would imagine the girls would cost more, let me know if you want to start a major fund raiser and I can approach them. I know if Dave at Dart saw these models he would throw in some serious bucks as would many of our sponsors, Timee C, you in?

Don't want to make this too long (the note) so let me know if you have any questions about Dubai. We are 11 hours ahead of Arizona time, you can e-mail me if you want as well This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or my old address works too.

I work in the race and drive center which can be pulled up on their web site. The company that owns the Autodrome is Union Properties, they are building Motorcity which is a multi billion dollar project all in Dubailand. The web site for that is below as well. An intire community built around motor sports, it's crazy!!!
www.motorcity.ae/mc/mc_home.asp
www.dubaiautodrome.com/general/index.aspx

Cheers

Norman
Norman #99
Last Edit: 16 years, 1 month ago by norman#99.

Re:YEH! I can read and post from Dubai!!! 16 years, 1 month ago #236

Cool Norm
Sounds great.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:YEH! I can read and post from Dubai!!! 16 years, 1 month ago #238

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
awesome norm have fun out there. dubai looks like an exciting city, just dont have a poppy seed sandwich www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-2343...+his+shoe/article.do

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re:YEH! I can read and post from Dubai!!! 16 years, 1 month ago #240

Norm is AWESOME ... cya at Miller !

And yes this is becoming our new forum home ! This forurm really helps our sponsors and we can change it overnight to better fit our needs !

Re:YEH! I can read and post from Dubai!!! 16 years, 1 month ago #255

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Too cool Norm! Sounds like that would be an awesome experience!

Re:YEH! I can read and post from Dubai!!! 16 years, 1 month ago #286

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Norman,

So good to hear from you.
Glad you're doing well and sounds like a dream job being on the track and getting paid to do it.
Greg was in Dubai a little less than a year ago and said it was a incredible country.

See you at Millers!
--Ken
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds