Username Password: Remember me

POC in Vegas February 2009
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: POC in Vegas February 2009

POC in Vegas February 2009 15 years, 4 months ago #2842

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
Just got my POC provisional license and plan to run with the POC this February. Just checking to see who is heading to sin city?

If you don't have a POC license you can submit a racer's vita with at least 6 starts on it. The deadline is 12/31/08 to register.

Looking for seeing some so cal racers.

Re:POC in Vegas February 2009 15 years, 4 months ago #2846

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Sounds like fun but what course are they running, inside or the outside track? I heard something about running the inside with part of the oval. The inside course is not worth running, IMO. I have never seen how it might work with the oval.

The outside course is good. The newer turn one configuration made the course much better.

Depending on the course, I would be interested.

Big Dog Foxx
Jim Foxx

Re:POC in Vegas February 2009 15 years, 4 months ago #2860

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
I think roval. Come out an play anyway. I need a lot of work in the seat before nationals.

Re:POC in Vegas February 2009 15 years, 4 months ago #2875

Utah944 wrote:
I think roval. Come out an play anyway. I need a lot of work in the seat before nationals.

Says the guy who ran about 5 seconds faster than Norm's track record on the 4.5 mile track.

I have run the roval. OK, but not fanstasic. Maybe if we had more hp, but I ran a PCA race there in 2003. Lots of very fast EASY flat out sections. Cal Speedway is much more interesting.

Still Racing is racing.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 15 years, 4 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:POC in Vegas February 2009 15 years, 4 months ago #2882

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
Being fast in qualifing is totally different than winnnig a race. I need to work on race craft. working traffic making passes stick.

Tim myer ate me up at my own track. I was able to beat him once because I was in the right place at the right time and once I got by him there was free track. When we were in traffic he was much better.

i would prefer the outside track but my mother in law is in vegas so this does not count as one of the two trips the department of transportation (my wife) has authorized. She is also the department of treasury which sets my car budget, the department of argiculture which determines what we eat. Basically I am a lobbiest in the government that runs my house.

Re:POC in Vegas February 2009 15 years, 4 months ago #2900

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I will try to verify the track. The POC schedule says it is the outside track. If it is the outside track, I will plan on coming out to play. I, like you, need race craft. I am not very good in traffic and with passing. Our friend Joe P. is much more aggressive in traffic and I did learn some (but not enough)from him at Miller last summer.

I look forward to racing with you soon.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds