Username Password: Remember me

New guy from AZ
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New guy from AZ

New guy from AZ 15 years, 4 months ago #3028

• FoFiddy
  • Drivers Ed
Hi All

I am considering building a 944 to race in this series. I live in AZ and would like to come down to the races this weekend to check things out. What's the best way?

Thanx, Randy

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 4 months ago #3029

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Hi and welcome aboard.

The best way is to just come out to the track anytime after about 7am on Saturday and/or Sunday. There is no charge to get in. Enter on the east end of the facility. After you go through the gate, you proceed through the tunnel. After the Sunoco fuel station, turn right just past it and then left (on the north side of the garages). The 944 compound is north of the garages and behind the vendors that face the garages. You will see the 944's on the north side by the fence.

Come on out and find us and introduce yourself.

Jim "Big Dog" Foxx
Jim Foxx

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 4 months ago #3031

Yes Please come by.

My name is Joe Paluch and I drive the red/white #94. I am the local series director for 944 spec and would be happy to talk with you about the class, cars and help you get started.

So just head into the track and find us at the north paddock fence. Then just ask for me or talk to any other spec driver.

Looking forward to seeing you out at the track!
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 4 months ago #3047

• FoFiddy
  • Drivers Ed
Thanx guys, I'll see you out there this weekend.

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 3 months ago #3073

Randy,
I am so sorry about Sunday. You caught me at at bad time as I was rushing to make repairs. Firstly, repairs are pretty rare with me, but when they do happen I have been very luck to be able fix them in time for racing action. Plus we have great support network in the class and was able to attempt a repair due to Dave Hauck having the parts I needed on hand ready to go.

I hope you had a chance to see the cars and talk to some of the other drivers.

Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 3 months ago #3164

• FoFiddy
  • Drivers Ed
Joe,

No problem at all. I could tell you were busy and I didn't want to get in the way. I really enjoyed myself for the short time I was there. I am still interested in going racing with you guys. It sure looks like A LOT of fun. And even though the speeds are pretty high, it looks a lot safer racing than when I race motocross. I love the idea of having a roll cage! Can't put one of them on my crf450!!!

Some questions....

What does the average race weekend cost? entry fee? race gas? pump or real race gas? What else can I expect $$ wise on a race weekend? About how much time between races? What kind of driving school would I need to get a license? Is there anyplace at PIR or Firebird where spectators can get a good view of the track?What's the best advice for someone thinking of goin' 944spec racing?

I plan on coming out to another one of your races when I have more time and can see you guys run. I live about 6 miles from firebird, so maybe i'll come out for one of those.

Thanx, Randy
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds