Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New guy from AZ
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New guy from AZ

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 2 months ago #3548

I did not see that driving concepts was accredited by NASA or SCCA . just ask your regional director.

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 2 months ago #3563

Driving Concepts puts on a competition school in So-Cal. That is used for licensing. In Arizona we do our own school which will be held on March 6th.

As for getting a ride around. Friday could work and Saturday as well. We don't allow passengers in the race group so we need to do it in a DE group. The march weekend is a little busy since it is joint event with BMW Club.

As for the best year of car there is none. Any year car will run just as well as any other year car. Like Chuck said we work hard to make sure there is no year to have car.

Also all parts can be updated/backdated between the years and mixed and matched. My car is an 84 chassis, but has parts from 84, 87 924S, 83 944, and 88 924S. I have parts cars from these years and as such my car is a hodgepodge of these years. In some cases I picked the best parts and in others it was just what was teh least worn or best condition vs best year.

The one thing you may want to observe is that a larger driver will have an easier time makeing weight in an early chassis or 924S chassis. These are 83-85. The reason is that the later tubs tend to be heavier. Larger drives will have more work to strip to get to min weight.

There are a number of perferences in years. Some will prefer one year or another for various reasons mostly personal convenience.

Now on paper the 88 944 may seem like the best choice since it has all the good stuff in it. However these are easy to swap to other chassis.

My advice is to find a good chassis irrespective of year. The build on that.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 2 months ago #3567

• LVkid76
  • Junior Racer
I will say if you go to a race you will be hooked like me. I went to one race and I am hooked. Cant wait but my first day I can run on a track is mid April here at SpringMountain Park. I cant wait. Car is almost done, need to update the build site.

Hope you will enjoy it as much as I am.
Good luck to you

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 2 months ago #3720

• FoFiddy
  • Drivers Ed
I got my car! Looks a little rough, but it's a runner! I will post some pics tomorrow. It's gonna be a street car this season while i do my hpde, that way the wife can drive it too. If fact while considering the purchase I started to talk about if this was a smart thing to do right now.. SHE ended up convincing me to do it. So fired up.

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 2 months ago #3721

woo hoo it's going to be fun.

Re:New guy from AZ 15 years, 2 months ago #3724

Great news!

If you have time drop by PIR this weekend. We are out racing!!!!
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds