Username Password: Remember me

New guy from Chicago
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New guy from Chicago

New guy from Chicago 15 years, 1 month ago #3999

• KO_944
  • Drivers Ed
Hey all! Just thought I'd throw my hat into the ring here.

I'm pulling my old ('83) 944 out of storage this weekend and am looking forward to driving it again. It will need a lot of work for sure, but was in pretty good condition when parked less a few "minor" issues. Not counting of course 10 years in a barn

Not sure I'm ready to go the spec route just yet, but figured I'd muck up your guys forum nonetheless with questions & comments.

UPDATE: Brought her home today!

Back in the day at RA.

~Karl
Last Edit: 15 years, 1 month ago by KO_944.

Re:New guy from Chicago 15 years, 1 month ago #4000

Karl - good of you to check in - Welcome!

Just get it running well again, and come hang out at the track, you'll get the bug soon enough. Until then, bring your R32 out - you could really stretch it out at Raod America!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:New guy from Chicago 15 years, 1 month ago #4016

Wow...that's three Karls that I know of with 944s. Must be that German thing. Can I say welcome even though I feel like I just got on board?

Speaking of RAmerica. Any of you planning to be there to watch or help at the June Sprints? I've got a Spec Miata I'd like to sell and the Sprints seems like a good place to show it. Good chance to see Eric again and meet anyone else.
512 707-8869

Re:New guy from Chicago 15 years, 1 month ago #4017

In RMR it's Dave's ... we have like 6 or 7 of them .

Re:New guy from Chicago 15 years, 1 month ago #4036

• KO_944
  • Drivers Ed
Karl @ ART wrote:
Wow...that's three Karls that I know of with 944s. Must be that German thing. Can I say welcome even though I feel like I just got on board?

Speaking of RAmerica. Any of you planning to be there to watch or help at the June Sprints? I've got a Spec Miata I'd like to sell and the Sprints seems like a good place to show it. Good chance to see Eric again and meet anyone else.

Yeah Karl w/a "K" is the best! You should see my last name.

Dunno about RA for my part. I like to go up there for ALMS but have always wanted to check out the sprints.

By this time tomorrow I'll have the car in my garage. Can't wait!

Re:New guy from Chicago 15 years, 1 month ago #4037

Hey Karl, there's a guy looking for a SM for comp school in one month - not sure wha his budget is, but look here (for a long shot): www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=27055
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds