Username Password: Remember me

We're starting the process!!!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: We're starting the process!!!

Re:We're starting the process!!! 14 years, 10 months ago #5130

• fishguy
  • Comp School
micheal,
I have a 6 point g force harness with cam lock that is good through 2011, or 20129 i need to check, assume its 2011).
I want a different type for my car, is the only reason i am selling it.
if you want it let me know
($70 + actual shipping costs from AZ)
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Josh

Re:We're starting the process!!! 14 years, 10 months ago #5135

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
the racing belts and the racing seat kinda go together. if you get the racing seat with the shoulder slots for 5 point belts, you should use 5 point belts. the stock seats with stock belts should be fine for DE.

the suspension is the modification that will definitely unlock most of the speed. shocks and springs are the major part of it, you can stick with the stock sway bars and bushings for now. though changing the rear torsion bars(springs) is a bit challenging... shocks and springs material cost is somewhere around $1200 plus installation.

You could also just work on general maintenance items, bleeding brakes and replacing wheel bearings, etc. until budget allows for more mods. The stock suspension is fine while you are learning.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:We're starting the process!!! 14 years, 10 months ago #5136

Wish I new a shop that far south for you. Nick Miller is having a 944 get together in August (look it up on the Pelican Parts website), and you could get a lot done for cheap, or no cost if you can do it yourself (he'll help & let you use the tools). Only catch is that it's in central Indiana...
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:We're starting the process!!! 14 years, 10 months ago #5139

Thanks for all of the great advice. I am really looking forward getting to know everyone at events!

The car that I bought came with no seats, so I figured I might as well get what ever I will end up with if I can keep it cheap.

I really like the suspension packages that Paragon carries, but we are looking at 2k with bushings. I think I will stick with stock and just get the rear end down, so it is level. Alsp, I can set my camber pretty negative (if that works with a stock suspension?)

I like your advice. I will get it cleaned up with all new fluids, etc.

I need a p9201 tool though. I would be willing to place a deposit and rent it from someone, if I can.

I guess my priority is seats (I need one for an instructor, I guess) and belts.

Thanks everyone,
Michael

Re:We're starting the process!!! 14 years, 10 months ago #5147

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
My local guy uses the 90 degree twist (he's been doing this for a long time and has not had a failure from it). There is also the or Arnworx tools that have been used successfully.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:We're starting the process!!! 14 years, 10 months ago #5149

With modern timing belts, do you guys ever hear about a failure?

I did have a cam bolt fail one time, which failed valves and a camshaft, but I wonder how critical the tension is (within reason)
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds