Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Control arm - steel or aluminium
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Control arm - steel or aluminium

Re:Control arm - steel or aluminium 13 years, 9 months ago #8320

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. But what parts are needed to do the swap for the sway bars? Were you able to find anyone that sold these or is it something I will have to part from like ebay?

Any issues you ran into swapping them out? I am getting ready to do this exact swap.
-Aaron

Re: Control arm - steel or aluminium 13 years, 9 months ago #8322

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
It's going to depend on what swaybar you are running. The mounts for each are different. You may have to contact the vendor of your swaybar and order the correct links.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Control arm - steel or aluminium 13 years, 9 months ago #8324

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
I would just be using stock porsche sway bars for now as I am just getting into all this and will be doing MORE HPDE than anything else. So when switching from the alum to steel would I just need to get the sway bar drop links from an early car and I would be set?
-Aaron

Re: Control arm - steel or aluminium 13 years, 9 months ago #8325

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
For everything (I think) apart from the 968 M030 front bar you can get the bushings to go in the early swaybar mounts so you should be good. (I'm running a S2 M030 front bar on early arms - it fits just fine).
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Control arm - steel or aluminium 13 years, 9 months ago #8362

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
ditto on the M030 bar and early arms. You just have to drill a hole in each early arm for the sway bar links that match the bar. unfortunately, no adjustable end links with factory bars, but my corner weight strategy is to match left and right front springs heights with the coilovers and do all corner weight adjustments from the rear.
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds