*Sigh* I can only wish....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: *Sigh* I can only wish....

*Sigh* I can only wish.... 14 years, 1 month ago #7159

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
Pretty much the exact same tire as an RA-1 for 2/3 the cost.

www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tir...dial%22+n%252Fa.html

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by Chris.

Re:*Sigh* I can only wish.... 14 years, 1 month ago #7160

Stirring the pot, Chris?

No contingencies
New setup required
New size
Another tire changeover
More controversy

No thanks!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:*Sigh* I can only wish.... 14 years, 1 month ago #7164

I used those on my Miata for track duty for a long time. Great tire, lasted forever. Grip was pretty comparable to the RA-1, but they worked a lot better at full tread.

Re:*Sigh* I can only wish.... 14 years, 1 month ago #7240

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Yeah, $116/tire sure is a lot more reasonable than the $160-170/tire that we're paying for RA-1's now, and it's apparently the same rubber.

I'm going to be out around $800 (closer to $900 with sales tax), when all is said and done, just for one set of new shaved RA-1's (if I can even get them in time). That's $200 more than what we paid before all the R888 nonsense, and we have to deal with supply problems on top of it. I was really hoping we could leave all the tire drama in the past, but unfortunately there continues to be one thing after another with them. I fear that we're becoming just another class where it's more about who paid the Toyo tax than "low cost, equal racing".
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by Weston.

Re:*Sigh* I can only wish.... 14 years, 1 month ago #7241

• JRichard
  • Senior Racer
Yup I paid almost the same $$$ for a set of spec tires as a full tread 18" NT01s for the RS, the offset tho was having toyo bucks. At the point where the contingency is less that the difference between the tires is the point where we should start the discussions... In talking with toyo the NT01 is a 888 design carcuss with RA1 compound...best of both worlds, I wouldn't hesitate they are great tires...at least on a 911...

Re:*Sigh* I can only wish.... 14 years, 1 month ago #7242

For now we are with TOYO ... When the contract comes up we will have input. Any thoughts on supply issues ?

Any tire changes would need to be better than what we have AND cost less AND have sponsorship .
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by SvoChuck.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds