Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New 944 Spec National Director
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New 944 Spec National Director

New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #8780

Following the resignation of Chuck Taylor as National Director, I have accepted the position of 944 Spec National Director at the request of John Lindsey (NASA co-owner).

John & I had a good conversation today, outlining future goals and direction for 944 Spec. The press release and formalities are coming, but as I feel a pressing need to move on, John gave me the go ahead to go public with this now.

I would like to thank Chuck for his years of service in this role - I bought my first car from him back in 2007. Chuck will continue as Rocky Mountain Series Director, and in a collaborative role with the other 944 Spec series directors on national issues.

While I have much to process, and plan, I want to present a short term agenda:

*Bring closure to the rules debate, and let the drivers know their voices have been heard. I will post definitively on the big issues tonight, and we will work towards hashing out the small issues very shortly. Any recommendations for changes will be sent to NASA for confirmation, and any needed clarification. See the rule change forum for details, and updates.

*Bring a positive attitude/tone to the forums by:

- Posting positive articles, tech tips, money savers etc, drawing on the body of knowledge from the series directors, experienced racers, and 944 technical experts. I would also encourage the addition of good ideas & questions/topics from individual drivers. We are putting together an article on cost-effective engine tuning & building tips, and some tips on car set up, soon.

-Starting a racecraft forum (Ken?), where we can work on driver development, sharing tips, good videos, data, etc. I would like to see a spirit of cooperation to make the new guys feels at home, and get up to speed quickly. If we share information & tips, it raises everyone's game.

*Series directors will set an example in sharing their data publicly, and encourage (though not mandate) data sharing to build a class of top notch, clean drivers. I would like this to be one of our hallmarks, as a class. Everyone enjoys learning to go faster/drive better, and its free!

*Open a direct line of communication with individual 944 Spec drivers throughout the country to gather information, answer questions, and promote an open spirit of communication. My email is eric dot kuhns at gmail dot com. I have an "open door" policy. I can't make every request & pet project happen, but I will do my best to thoughtfully consider and respond to all questions & concerns.

*Foster pride in the great series that has been built - spread the word! Talk to your friends, get together for build parties, social events, and suck your friends into this fun addiction we call 944 Spec Racing. I think it was Paul Newman who said "Racing is an addiction that makes Heroin seem a vague longing for something salty". Racing a Porsche in a cost effective series with a great bunch of drivers is the best variety of addiction there is!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by Sterling Doc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spec28

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #8784

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Congratulations Erik, the new program looks good.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Charlie Buzzetti
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sterling Doc

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #8785

Welcome to the position and thanks for your service!

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #8787

First request guys.

Lets put names in sigs, so I can match names to sigs.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #8788

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Congrats, Eric. I believe our series got a GREAT addition from your acceptance of the position of National Director.

Your ideas look great. A positive attitude is a wonderful thing to see. I believe you will find that most all of the better 944 racers believe in helping slower guys. There are very few that have not been helpful to me and I believe your attitude with help take that to another level.

If/when there is anything I can do to assist in the So. Cal. area, please let me know.

Jim Foxx
Jim Foxx
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by Big Dog. Reason: Adding my last name to the post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sterling Doc

Re: New 944 Spec National Director 13 years, 8 months ago #8789

Thanks all.

I have a tentative plan to visit you guys out west by coming to the 25 hours of Thunderhill!

I know it's short notice, but I'd like to meet whoever is local in person.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 8 months ago by Sterling Doc.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds