Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Agenda for Meeting with National Office
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Agenda for Meeting with National Office

Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9762

Tell me what issues you want me to discuss with the National Office.
I'll be meeting with Ryan & John Lindsey this weekend at Fontana.

I'll start with a few things on my list:

* Tires
-Cost vs. contingency, long term outlook, availability. This is not just a 944 Spec issue, but a NASA wide one, but I'll put in our perspective.

* Nationals
-Improving access/transportation issues
-Contingencies
-Support (trackside/technical, car rentals, 944 Spec Paddock)

* Expansion South & East
- Promotion
- Balancing our needs with other competing classes (GTS-1, Cup?)

* Sponsorship Issues & Opportunities
- Ideas? This is a tough one with 25 year cars, and minimal aftermarket parts needs in our class.

Let me know what you guys think, or want addressed!

Remember, this is not a rules discussion - that's done for this year, and more our issue than theirs. I will inquire about their long term plans for data acquisition based rules compliance, but for informational purposes, and am not going to rehash the rules debate at this time.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9763

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Sterling Doc wrote:
Tell me what issues you want me to discuss with the National Office.

* Tires
-Cost vs. contingency, long term outlook, availability. This is not just a 944 Spec issue, but a NASA wide one, but I'll put in our perspective.

* Sponsorship Issues & Opportunities
- Ideas? This is a tough one with 25 year cars, and minimal aftermarket parts needs in our class.

Let me know what you guys think, or want addressed!

I'll pick these 2.

Tires.....

A.....It would be nice for the racers, be it whatever group, to get the tires at a better cost. A racer card if you will that will allow someone in a race group to purchase the tires at cost. Take some of the contingency money from 1st, 2nd, 3rd away for better trickle down economics. More people finish out of the money than in and that could lower the cost for everyone.

B.....Find another tire Manufacture that will put more $$ in than Toyo.

Sponsorship .....

A.....Please, nobody take offense this is just a thought.......
This is not NASCAR or the NHRA. We do not draw 100,000 people to watch one race. Our races are not televised, we have little to no fan base. We need media coverage. When was the last time you read a racing article in a newspaper or magazine (except GRM, and very little published in there) about a NASA sanctioned race? Saw coverage on TV/cable/dish? Without some type of media coverage, there will be little to no sponsorship. It doesn't make a difference if our cars are 25 years old. If we had some type coverage, you could get a filter, gasoline, tire, oil, or maybe even a watch company to put something in the kitty for running their stickers on our cars.

How many went to the 24 Hours of Daytona? Were the stands full? NO! But they had TV coverage. Ever watch one of the truck races. Are the stands full? No but they have TV coverage. Coverage = $$$ Find a way to cover the races and the sponsors will follow.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by RacerX.

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9766

I think Toyo is a GREAT sponsor and their contingency program is generous and well run from my perspective.

This may be only a NORCAL thing as Mid Atlantic didn't do it: I would recommend a discussion of the gate fee at the track. I think it is a bit ridiculous to charge a $10 gate fee for drivers who have already paid $300+ to race. I understand a fee for spectators but drivers and crew should be in the price of racing, even if that is $10 higher.

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9768

Gate fees are regional, and often even track dependant. A good issue to bring up with your RD, but not really in my scope. I could complain if they charge me a gate fee at California Speedway .

Tires are on the agenda - I'll see what I can do, but whatever is done, probably cannot be unique to 944 Spec, but viable for all Spec classes, so it's a big issue.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9780

Eric,
I sent you an Email.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re: Agenda for Meeting with National Office 13 years, 5 months ago #9788

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Eric get out the $10 bill for Cal Speedway this weekend that will be the cost of admission:(
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds