Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Racing, like it ought to be, in California!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Racing, like it ought to be, in California!

Racing, like it ought to be, in California! 13 years, 4 months ago #9887

I had a great weekend racing with the SoCal guys at AutoClub Speedway this weekend.

A few thoughts, and then the rest of the gang can fill in the details:

1. What a great group of guys! This weekends reminded me why we do this - great racing, great camraderie, great memories! Everyone is pretty closely matched (well almost, see below), and that made for some great nose to tail racing!
2. Tyler Palmer is the real deal - a 16 y/o phenom, but with a great attitude, and level head - mature beyond his 16 years. Tyler won both races this weekend going away, and never put a foot wrong, or a scratch on that pretty green car!
3. Tim Comeau runs a great rental program, and is a heck of a nice guy! I drove the #22 Liqui-Moly car all weekend, and had a blast. Tim worked really hard to make it all go smoothly! Thanks Tim.
4. I had more fun racing ending up in 4th place Saturday than I can remember. In the crazy race I went from second (off pole) to last, back up to second, then to last, and back up to 4th. What a melee that race was - all without body contact! Sunday was a little less eventful for me, but was another 40 minute cage match just behind me!
5. Had a great talk with the National Office, and we're working on some cool stuff behind the scenes.
6. Sure is nice to escape the Frozen Tundra to go race in Cali this time of year.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Racing, like it ought to be, in California! 13 years, 4 months ago #9890

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Nice view of the moutains in the backround. I hope you brought some of that warm weather back home with you!!!!
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build

Re: Racing, like it ought to be, in California! 13 years, 4 months ago #9897

• Fooshe
  • Comp School
Good thing I was not around when that picture was taken...I would have been behind you making bunny ears!

Eric, it was a pleasure to meet you and watch you pilot the #22 car. You are dead on about what a melee that was on Sunday. It was a blast to watch. In fact, at one point in the race, my guys tires were just gone so we had no real chance to gain positions. At that point I was on the radio with my driver and had to admit I was watching the 944 race more than him. I think my broadcast was "Dude, you should see this battle for 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in 944 spec..it's awesome!" But the better part was his response. "Yeah, I know....I just watched all of them go into the infield with two of the miatas in the middle of them. I've been watching them for the last two laps. In fact, I don't think I have hit one apex in the last 8 turns!" Again, great racing and fun to watch.

Sorry I could not hang out with the group more, but I had made a crew chief commitment to my buddy in Spec Miata well prior to the event.

I am so fired up to get in a car and have some fun with the group.

Re: Racing, like it ought to be, in California! 13 years, 4 months ago #9898

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Sounds like a great time. Wish I was there.

Erik, Thanks for comming out and racing with the So-Cal boys. Sounds like you had quite the adventure on Saturday.

Steve (Fooshe) are you ready yet?????

How many cars ended up racing?

I count 9 in the pic.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re: Racing, like it ought to be, in California! 13 years, 4 months ago #9899

• Chris
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Schmores
Sounds like you guys had a great race and turnout. Good to see the class taking off again in socal.

When are you coming to the Mountains to race with us Eric? I know we could find a good rental for you to jump in.

NASA Rocky Mountain Region
#2 blue/ yellow 1985.5 944 (sold)
new car- 2006 late model howe chassis road race stock car.

HPDE 3 Group Leader

Re: Racing, like it ought to be, in California! 13 years, 4 months ago #9902

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Now that's funny!!!!
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion