Username Password: Remember me

Toyo Tires and Earthquake in Japan
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toyo Tires and Earthquake in Japan

Toyo Tires and Earthquake in Japan 13 years, 4 months ago #9978

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
Toyo Tires has one of its largest manufacturing facilities in Sendai Japan, which was near the center of the earthquake and tsunami. Currently the facility is down an at this time it is not known when it will restart. On a global basis the company has been running at about 100% of production capacity. I suspect we get our RA-1's from their Georgia facility, which is under expansion, and that may slow prodeuction there as well. We MAY find that the supply of tires gets tight soon so I would suggest buying what one needs in advance.

Re: Toyo Tires and Earthquake in Japan 13 years, 4 months ago #9984

Our Toyos come from Japan. I am told that a shipment just came in. AIM Tire got a bunch of them. Get them while you can.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Toyo Tires and Earthquake in Japan 13 years, 4 months ago #9985

• Atteberry
  • Seasoned Racer
you do stay up late

On another note what is a good email address for you

Re: Toyo Tires and Earthquake in Japan 13 years, 4 months ago #9986

Found this:

OSAKA, Japan (March 12, 2011) — Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd. is reporting it has suspended production at its tire factory in Sendai, Japan — near the epicenter of the March 11 earthquake that shook Japan — and is attempting to verify the “safety and welfare” of its employees in the area.
Toyo said production at the plant in Sendai was suspended due the loss of power in the region. The company said it is taking “appropriate steps to respond to the crisis,” including setting up an emergency crisis center.

Once power is restored and the safety of the plant has been confirmed, Toyo said it plans to restore operations, but it is not yet clear when this might happen.

The Sendai plant employs 1,200 workers, making passenger, light truck, medium truck, industrial and racing tires.

Toyo said none of its plants was affected by the tsunami that followed the 8.9-magnitude earthquake that struck off Japan’s northeast coast at 2:46 p.m. March 11, and that it appears none of its facilities has suffered significant damage.

At this time, it is not yet known what the company’s financial losses or the impact to business results will be from this earthquake.

You can reach me at eric dot kuhns at gmail.com
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 4 months ago by Sterling Doc.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds