Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Nationals - what its about this year
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nationals - what its about this year

Nationals - what its about this year 12 years, 11 months ago #10873

The first incremental price increase for Nationals comes up at the end of this month - this week! Now's the time to get registered! If you love racing, the Nationals "experience" is not to be missed. 4 days of being immersed in racing, honing your skills, living the life of a pro racer. Well, at least an up & coming one!. This is also a chance to learn from the best drivers in the nation. Bennington Motorsports will be brining their new 42" flat screen TV to the track, where we will show videos and Traqmate data, and talk about how to get around Mid-Ohio fast, as well as refining your racecraft in general, just as is becoming tradition in Midwest 944 Spec. Doing this over 4+ days will be an unprecedented opportunity to sharpen your skill set.

Now that were confirmed back on Toyos for Nationals, we can all breath a sigh of relief, and that also makes what is learned at Nationals that much more relavent to the rest of your racing career in 944 Spec. Being back on Toyos, and working together like this, means we can spend more time having a good time, and sharpening our racing skills, and less time chasing a new setup on the car. There's plenty to learn about Mid-Ohio itself! Mid-Ohio is my personal favorite track, having run on tracks as far east as Road Atlanta, and as far west as California/Autoclub Speedway. I am going to set a tone of mutual cooperation, and sportsmanship at Mid-Ohio, and will insist on that. I know the core group of guys from the Midwest are great examples of this, and that is what I expect, and want to promote at Nationals. A high level of competition on the track, and a sense of community & cooperation in the paddock.

Bennington Motorsports will also be expanding their typically high level of support for Nationals - bringing spare heads, complete motors, transmissions, and essentialy an entire 944 in spare parts in the box truck. Basic machine shop tools such as a press, and welder will also be trackside. Full support on a Spec budget! This makes it very unlikely that you would not be abe to finish the weekend, no matter what your racing luck. A rental race car is also available. Contact Nick at www.BENMS.com for details.

We will work on splitting RV rentals to make staying at the track, as reasonable as possible. This will also give us some dry places to be in the event of rain.

So spread the word, it's going to be a very cool experience! The refund policy is generous, so don't be afraid to get in now. If you are not sure you can swing the test & tune day, or supersizing, you can always add that on later, but getting in on the basic entry now ensures you get the early bird rate! Hope to see you guys there, and let me know how I can help!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds