Build Party at the Pine Tree Motorsports Ranch
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Mid-West and Great Lakes Website

www.nasagreatlakes.com/
www.nasamidwest.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Build Party at the Pine Tree Motorsports Ranch

Build Party at the Pine Tree Motorsports Ranch 12 years, 1 month ago #13011

This just materialized Friday, but was a great weekend.

Neal, Sid, Dan, & Eric (yours truly) all had cars being worked on at Jim Hartman's place, and with the season fast approaching, spent the weekend working on the cars (or in Neal's case, the trailer).

My car got a Jim Hartman new ticker, and a facelift over the winter, and the cosmetics were wrapped up this weekend. Many thanks to Dan Pina for his paint and bodywork know how, and time spent wet sanding. I think Dan spent more time on my car than his own. Thanks!

My car on the new lift

Neal's car put a couple of hours on its new David Dirks motor after it's compete mechanical and cosmetic overall over the winter. Neal then did the extreme makeover on his new (used) trailer - white paint for the walls, epoxy for the floor, and some reorganization.

Sid's car was a recent arrival at the Pine Tree Motorsports Ranch, in dire straights - missing all of the bolts from the bellhousing to the torque tube, and several random suspension parts, among other issues. Dan worked some bodywork magic on Sid's car, as well. Sid's car is well on it's way to it revitalization.

Here's Sid taking out his carpet, after Kelby handily demonstrated it's flammability .
[img]sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/398913...3853_677161499_n.jpg[/img]

Dan's car got's it decals and trim off, in preparation for paint on the new bodywork:

It should look great soon, and be ready for Autobahn in 3 weeks.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Build Party at the Pine Tree Motorsports Ranch 12 years, 1 month ago #13033

• dpRacing Dan
  • 944 Spec National Director
Was a great weekend to help prep our group for the season.

My car was fresh from the body shop having a new front clip put on. Jim also dropped in Eric's motor from last year.

Angel was on hand Saturday AM helping Kelby and Neal paint the inside of Neals new (used) enclosed trailer.

Eric put a newly painted roof patch on his car.

Sid worked on cleaning up his interior while Piotr and I worked on his left-side body work.

Eric was installing the heavy-duty hitch upgrade on his new Durrango tow-vehicle.

And at the end of the day, we all piled into the Pine-Tree garage for some dinner.

Thanks to Jim for hosting us up there- so nice to have access to a lift, every tool you'd ever need, and the open space you need to do it all.

Also a huge thanks to Eric & his family for turning his house into a 944 hostile for us that traveled on out.

Re: Build Party at the Pine Tree Motorsports Ranch 12 years, 1 month ago #13034

Thanks for the pics & write up Dan. With all the new cars this year, it should be a great year - Two weeks and counting!

944 Hostile? Was it that bad? My "Hostel" is always open to you guys .
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Build Party at the Pine Tree Motorsports Ranch 12 years, 1 month ago #13035

• dpRacing Dan
  • 944 Spec National Director
Ha ha- no not at all! I just mean we all stayed there like bums for free!
  • Page:
Moderators: KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds