Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

How Active is 944Spec around Ohio?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Mid-West and Great Lakes Website

www.nasagreatlakes.com/
www.nasamidwest.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: How Active is 944Spec around Ohio?

How Active is 944Spec around Ohio? 10 years, 8 months ago #16276

I'm guessing with the proximity of Mid-Ohio, pretty active.

In any case, I am a NorCal boy who raced 944Spec for a while, but my car has been sitting unused for years due primarily to work schedule issues. I am now looking at very likely relocating to Columbus sometime next year. I want to know what the 944Spec activities are like out there, if it is worth hauling the race car across the country, or if I'd be better off trying to sell it here before I leave. I have quite a few other toys

What tracks do folks usually run at? How often? How big are fields typically? What's the overall camaraderie of the group like there? The biggest thing that attracted me to 944Spec in this region was the fellow racers.

Re: How Active is 944Spec around Ohio? 10 years, 8 months ago #16279

It's going well, and a great bunch of guys. 1/2 the events are crossovers with the Midwest, that see car counts of around a dozen. The Great Lakes only events see car counts about 1/2 that. The only significantly bigger class is Spec Miata. SE30 is growing, but still pretty hit or miss.

Bring it on out!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: How Active is 944Spec around Ohio? 10 years, 8 months ago #16291

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Salanis42 wrote:
I'm guessing with the proximity of Mid-Ohio, pretty active.

In any case, I am a NorCal boy who raced 944Spec for a while, but my car has been sitting unused for years due primarily to work schedule issues. I am now looking at very likely relocating to Columbus sometime next year. I want to know what the 944Spec activities are like out there, if it is worth hauling the race car across the country, or if I'd be better off trying to sell it here before I leave. I have quite a few other toys

What tracks do folks usually run at? How often? How big are fields typically? What's the overall camaraderie of the group like there? The biggest thing that attracted me to 944Spec in this region was the fellow racers.

We just got you back here in NorCal. We won't allow a fresh move out of state with out you at least racing **Some** races here !
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: How Active is 944Spec around Ohio? 10 years, 8 months ago #16298

JerryW wrote:

We just got you back here in NorCal. We won't allow a fresh move out of state with out you at least racing **Some** races here !

I know. And there are now events on the Calendar at Laguna Seca.

Trouble is my new schedule is graveyard shifts starting Saturday nights. Not really good for going to the track on weekends. Even on days off, it would be rough to do track time since I am now used to going to sleep at 7am.
Last Edit: 10 years, 8 months ago by Salanis42.

Re: How Active is 944Spec around Ohio? 10 years, 5 months ago #16908

• dpRacing Dan
  • 944 Spec National Director
I also relocated from Nor-Cal. Although I miss Sears Point, Mid Ohio is the next best thing! I got into Spec 944 out here in the MW because its probably the best race group in the region. Midwest has the tightest group for sure, and good numbers. There are a few crossovers with GL into Mid Ohio- we LOVE it there. The Midwest has 7 tracks on the schedule for next year! AND our nats is set for Road Atlanta! WIN! You can come over here for Road America, which is easily the most scenic track in the midwest. BRING HER OUT!

Re: How Active is 944Spec around Ohio? 8 years, 7 months ago #19723

The last post on this thread is from almost a couple years ago. I have a 944 that I have been using for DEs and thinking of setting it up for 944 spec. What is the current activity level of 944 spec in the great lakes and mid west regions? Still enough participants?
  • Page:
Moderators: KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds