Dashes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA Mid-West and Great Lakes Website

www.nasagreatlakes.com/
www.nasamidwest.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dashes

Dashes 14 years, 6 months ago #6003

Several of you have expressed interest in duplicating the dash that i have in my car.

My father made that, and will make some more if there is interest.

Because of the curved dash, the brackets are a bit more complex than they would seem, requiring multi-angle bends. Also, the distance between the brackets is important, so the dash does not end up crooked. It's easier, then if the face plate is included and pre-drilled for the bracket. The face-plate is formed top & bottom for rigidity. The face plate would come as a solid sheet, and then you can cut holes to put gauges you want in.

If there is interest, a top cover plate could be made, but it's pretty fussy to make due to the compound curve of the windshield that it abuts.

Here are some pics of my dash:

Dad also made up some nice brackets to secure the hatch, using rubber tie downs used for truck hoods, trailer fenders, etc. If there is a lot of interest, these could be made as well. These survive my car's flip, and the hatch didn't even break!

Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 14 years, 6 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re:Dashes 14 years, 5 months ago #6211

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
I'm in for a set of dash brackets.
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Dashes 14 years, 4 months ago #6487

Joel,

Brackets have been cut and the forms remade out of oak. I just need a moment to heat them up and get them bent.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Dashes 14 years, 4 months ago #6502

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Great. My 944 has just been sitting waiting for me to start working on it (won't start working on it until January).
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/
  • Page:
Moderators: KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds