Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Rear Delrin Bushings... Worth the $$$?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Rear Delrin Bushings... Worth the $$$?

Re:Rear Delrin Bushings... Worth the $$$? 15 years, 11 months ago #1116

• vwmann1
  • Comp School
I have Eric's done and they work great. They are fairly custom pieces though. The problem that I see in mass production is the casting of the outer surfaces. They are not the same from piece to piece. I'm afraid if I sell these to people they will not be happy with the results.

Re:Rear Delrin Bushings... Worth the $$$? 15 years, 11 months ago #1124

• vwmann1
  • Comp School
OK, just got off the phone with Karl from Racers Edge. I now know what I need to do to get Ray's car in a better place.
I will say this,(disclaimer: this is my opinion only not a reflection on Racers Edge as a company) That being said: There is almost as much fiddiling with the RE peices as I did on the lathe with Eric's. I understnd why RE did what they did, I just don't agree with the method. I would say if you don't have a ton of time to fiddle with this I would opt for the poly peices. I can't say for sure you will loose x.xx amount of time with this upgrade and therefore I don't know if they are worth the time and money. I'm doing it because I have all the tools at my disposal and that is the type of person I am, no stone unturned, if you know what I mean.

If you really want these give me a all and I will talk you through what needs to be done to get them to work properly.
Last Edit: 15 years, 11 months ago by vwmann1.

Re:Rear Delrin Bushings... Worth the $$$? 15 years, 11 months ago #1181

• vwmann1
  • Comp School
next update:
We spent 8 hours on Ray's car Saturday getting his bushings fixed. There was no way they would have worked with the system that Racers Edge had us use. The bushings ended up being too tall and I had to put them in the lathe to get them short enough so they would not bind. So, unless you have some serious machining at the ready you may never get them to work properly.

Re:Rear Delrin Bushings... Worth the $$$? 15 years, 11 months ago #1394

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
Weston/Chris/Dirks - have any of you installed your bushings yet? If so, how easy/hard was the install? Did the new bushings fit well, or was some 'coercion' required to get them in?

I'll be doing the bushings during my torsion bar install, and I'm curious what kind of time and effort to expect the poly bushings (spring plate and torsion tube) to take.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec

Re:Rear Delrin Bushings... Worth the $$$? 15 years, 11 months ago #1395

easy to install. it's the ones on the swing arm that goes at an angle that are causing problems.

ps make sure you weld the tabs on the ends of the bars . it makes the job easy.

Re:Rear Delrin Bushings... Worth the $$$? 15 years, 11 months ago #1402

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
SvoChuck wrote:
easy to install. it's the ones on the swing arm that goes at an angle that are causing problems.

ps make sure you weld the tabs on the ends of the bars . it makes the job easy.

Thanks Chuck! Yes, I'll definitely be having the tabs welded onto the end of the bars...that seems to work well for everyone who's done it.
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds