Re:Speed Sensor bracket help 15 years, 11 months ago #1183

Model year thing.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Speed Sensor bracket help 15 years, 11 months ago #1184

MadConan wrote:

I'll give the one bolt option a shot and use the broken bolt as a guide pin as planned, assuming I can't get the bolt out. Thanks again!

That should work. The one bolt will hold it in place and you need the other one to prevent the entire block from rotating. Two problems can result. If the block moves down it the sensors can hit the tabs on the flywheel. Or it can move up and be too far away for the sensors to work.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Speed Sensor bracket help 15 years, 11 months ago #1191

MadConan wrote:
MadConan wrote:

That's a big help! Thanks!

Yes, I the bracket is #12 in the diagram and the bolt (#14 in the diagram) is broken off in the block. I'll try and extract it, but I'm 99% sure it isn't going to come out without drilling it out. I also had some H2O pump bolts broken off, too, that required drilling on Friday.

I'll give the one bolt option a shot and use the broken bolt as a guide pin as planned, assuming I can't get the bolt out. Thanks again!
Looking at the diagram again, I see the same thing I saw at arnnworx.com/sensor_tool.htm (see attached photos I stole from him). In the dc diagram, it shows a 3rd sensor (dia #24, reference sender/timing mark sender) going through a 3rd hole in the bracket. However, the bracket I have does NOT have that lower part (circled in attached photo). Is this a model year thing? Or is that probably broken off my bracket?

That third hole is for another sensor that hooks up to external diagnostics. I think I tossed mine because the cable was frayed. You don't need to it to run for sure.

Re:Speed Sensor bracket help 15 years, 11 months ago #1226

• vwmann1
  • Comp School
Just to be sure that you trow out the correct one. The sensor will look different than the two other ones. It will also have an end on it that has a cap not a three prong flat plug.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds