size for clamping screw on drive shaft to tranny
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: size for clamping screw on drive shaft to tranny

size for clamping screw on drive shaft to tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1213

• MadConan
  • Drivers Ed
  • coming soon to a tire wall near you
looked up the part in the official parts catalog, but it just says, "clamping screw" and gives no size. Can anyone tell me the size of the screw (part #3 in the diagram)? I'm missing both of them:

Here's the link if you can't see it clearly here: dcauto.gotdns.com/images/full/944_2_USA_..._KATALOG/pg_0112.jpg .
#53 1986 944

Re:size for clamping screw on drive shaft to tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1220

special bolt from Porsche dealer. Try DARTAUTO.com but but i got 2 from the dealer.

Re:size for clamping screw on drive shaft to tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1223

• vwmann1
  • Comp School
It is a special bolt because of the long shoulder. specs: M10 socket cap screw 12.9 hardness 28mm shoulder 18mm of thread 1.5 thread pitch. See if there is a metric bolt seller near you. You may be able to take a longer blot that has the correct shoulder length and cut off the extra threads.

Re:size for clamping screw on drive shaft to tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1227

Make sure you use the right bolt. This is a rotating assembly and the wrong bolt might cause a vibration due to being out of balance. Remember when racing this shaft spins at 6000 rpm (at engine speed). Get the proper bolts.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:size for clamping screw on drive shaft to tranny 15 years, 11 months ago #1233

I think I have this bolt at home, but can't check 'till tonight. I can bring it to the track. BTW, if you have the extra door bars for your cage (and they fit well), Ray Freundt can bring his welder to the track, and weld them in Friday night.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds