Username Password: Remember me

Spec Car Build in Utah
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Spec Car Build in Utah

Spec Car Build in Utah 12 years, 3 months ago #12415

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
A much belated announcement and record of my '88 944 spec car build! I found this car on Craigslist up in Seattle, Washington. After a cannonball run that started at 7:00pm on Saturday in July, ending on Sunday at 7:00am - I had my dad and one friend. I think we slept for about 4 hours at a rest stop, but the rest was solid driving! What a trip!

- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: Spec Car Build in Utah 12 years, 3 months ago #12418

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
So with the annual 3-day PCA club race and DE event fast approaching (September weekend - This was around July 20th that I got this car ) there was major work to do!

The car needed a full reconstruction - front and rear suspension, brakes, interior gut, seat/seat belt install, p/s delete (leaked like a mother), tires, wheels, exhaust... the list went on and on. There were so many things that were worth it to get rid of "while I'm in here" that the project was stretched right up to the day before the weekend. Last stop was the exhaust shop - can you guys believe that they wanted to force me to leave the catalytic converter in?? I realize that its the law, but at this point the car was dropped, stripped, and in no way, shape, or form street-drivable. We got that little detail worked out and it was ready just in time.

- Greg - #518

Re: Spec Car Build in Utah 12 years, 3 months ago #12419

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
More pictures of the build - the interior was totally waterlogged, a result of the Seattle climate and a rusted out battery tray.

Between my brother's car, my dad's car, my car, and a friend's 924S - we had a very, very full couple of months! Not to mention a two week trip to Europe and a two week trip to China to further slow me down! Not that I was complaining too loudly for the interruption, mind you.

- Greg - #518

Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by GT944.

Re: Spec Car Build in Utah 12 years, 3 months ago #12420

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
I rolled into Miller Motorsports Park at about 8:00pm the day before the event as soon as I got off of work - the team had already unloaded cars, but I realized that I had forgotten to install my brake ducting hoses! Spent an hour or so on that.

You may recognize the black car - that would be Blake's - he ran with you all at NASA Nationals in 2010.
- Greg - #518

Re: Spec Car Build in Utah 12 years, 3 months ago #12421

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
It was a blast of a weekend, but alas, a 160k+ mile motor was in no shape to finish the weekend... I have a motor out for a rebuild right now, but at the moment my car is in time out (also known as the car trailer in storage).

I have yet to pull the stuck motor - no idea why it seized. The usual theories are all likely...
- Greg - #518

Re: Spec Car Build in Utah 12 years, 3 months ago #12436

• Big Dog
  • Banned
My goodness. This looks like a real race shop. Race cars everywhere!

COOL!!!!!
Jim Foxx
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds