Username Password: Remember me

Where to mount DME?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to mount DME?

Where to mount DME? 12 years, 3 months ago #12536

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I'm still in the middle of my winter rebuild and have gone through the car to find where to lose weight. I originally kept the factory firewall insulation behind the DME in the passenger side footwell but removed it along with the heavy bracket that the DME mounted to. Now I'm trying to come up with a good spot to remount it t. I first thought of bolting it to the floor to put the weight down low and the only reasons I can think of not to are water and maybe if I have a passenger along they will put their feet all over it. I usually don't race in the rain, it's no fun and I race for fun, so that's not a concern. I'm thinking more of my coolsuit, which currently doesn't leak but you never know. I will put rubber spacers under it to absorb some vibrations and can make those about 1" thick to get it up off the floor a bit. An advantage to putting it on the floor is also easy access to it if needed(can't imagine a scenario where I'll need to get to it in a hurry but you never know). Any thoughts?

Another spot I'm thinking about would be under the dash where the heater blower used to be. I have a plate blocking off that hole and can screww it to that but now it's up higher, although it's weight is negligible, and it's harder to get to.

Re: Where to mount DME? 12 years, 3 months ago #12540

We do race in the rain so put it in place that is dry. You don't want it to get wet.

Racing in the rain is alot of fun really and would you rather the car force you to stop or would you rather make the choice yourself.

Mount it high up. The weight of the DME is minimal.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 12 years, 3 months ago by joepaluch.

Re: Where to mount DME? 12 years, 3 months ago #12544

Agree with up high. I've seen them on the trans tunnel of a few cars. Mine is in the stock location for a late car - passenger vertical part of floor board.
  • Page:
Moderators: joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds